Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

german items

Discussion in 'Collections' started by Pierre, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Pierre

Pierre Member

some pics of my collection
    [​IMG]

luger with matching magazines and original holster
    [​IMG]

mauser K-98
    [​IMG]
    pocket watch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

previous owner
    [​IMG]Barthelmes
    [​IMG]
    fake ss buckle (thanks Rich)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Pierre

Pierre Member

sorry , forgot to say that I am a new member and this is my first thread
    [​IMG]

3. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Some very nice items there, Pierre ; especially the Luger which has just the 'right' amount of wear.....:cool:

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Beautiful. I want them all except for the SS Buckle and the LW Dagger ;-))

5. Pierre

Pierre Member

Thanks , but I am very curious on what you think about the buckle and the dagger
    P.

6. USMC

USMC Member

wonderful collection Pierre. How did you come across the Luger? I did have a Mauser C96 "broomhandle" awhile back. I had to sell though. My collection had overran my basement. ;)

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I like the LW dagger a lot.

8. Pierre

Pierre Member

thanks, the Luger was a gift from my dad and before him it belonged to my grandfather ,it's a complete set magazines matching the serials on the gun .The holster is original to the gun ,Uffz ,Paul Suck.... written in holster
    mmmmm the C96 ,look at the pics I sold mine off a few weeks ago,1250$
    now I wish I didn't!!
    Cheers P.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

Nice broom handle pierre, they reckon with the original ones, that if you ever took them apart you'd never get them back together, as the parts were all interlocking which held the gun together, hence no screws? only screws were the ones in the grips..

10. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Ray, come on if you find your way i´ll show you how to dissasemble/assemble the C96 in an correct way, before the beer after it will be impossible.

Pierre,

do you have another C96 the price you sold it was not really expensive. Congrats on such an fine collection!

Regards

Ulrich

11. Pierre

Pierre Member

I know this is a difficult one, and I would not touch it in a million years,exept of course to squize some rounds off

Cheers
    P.

12. Pierre

Pierre Member

Sehr geehrter Ulrich
    In beantwortung ihrer frage,leider kein C96 mehr
    Ich bin von belgieen mein name ist Pierre Reinhard O,mein Großonkel is Reinhard O SS sturmmann des SS panzer-grenadier-regiment 37 ,in Frankreich infolge verwundung verstorben (06-07-1944) in Beuvrigny
    and on the rest off the subject I can only say thanks for the compliment
    mayby you know ,but this gun is free for sale here without any registration,It is not illegal for you to buy guns here,look at my swiss luger
    I sold this one too[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. USMC

USMC Member

Yes Pierre I also regret selling mine haha. I sold mine with the holster and the wooden stock.

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Pierre, I like the buckle and dagger, but I just didnt want to sound too greedy by wanting everything ;-))

But seriously, great stuff you have there.

Oh and, I had for a few months some 12 or so years ago-one of those so-called: Black Widow Lugers. I got it in trade with a rich collector who wanted a certain Walther P=38 I had at the time and a helmet. I now wished I had kept that Luger. The thing only had the slightest of holster wear. Of course, my Walther was in premier condition too.

15. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

I am sorry but your buckle is a common older fake. Original SS buckles did not use the SS runes in a diamond. The 'OLT' and the number stands for Tony Oliver...and the number was his phone number in the UK many, many moons ago....this was the man who was at that time making these copies...Dies and/or permission of use of the fake design have changed hands many times since the first batch of these forgeries ...

If you could provide better photos of the dagger I would be more than happy to give you an honest end educated opinion of the piece.

Rich

16. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

Also, I wonder why the pocket watch has his name and surname backwards...that seems odd to me. Is there any date on the pocket watch?

Rich

17. Pierre

Pierre Member

Hey Rich thanks for the info on the buckle that's why I joined the forum,no money wasted , since I payed 50$ for it:D I know someone will be happy to take it of my hands for the same price(or a little more)
    the pocket watch was inspected by some jewelers and old time piece collectors, the watch must have been engraved during the last month's of the war,according to the man's personal file he was promoted to oberstrmbfhr 5 month's before the end of the war,at that time he was stationed in hungary as a part of the florian gayer division,two of the collectors told me without any background that the engraving was probably done in poland or russia, the reason why this name maybe was backwards engraved could be in a misunderstanding between the man who ordered the engraving and the actual engraver, on the other side it may just be ordered that way.I looked on the net for fake watches and always saw the same thing,big engraved ss runes,gold swastikas,fancy engraving with german eagles and so on.There are a few reasons why I don't doubt the origin of the watch
    first,the oberstrmbhnfr is unknown to the public and was one of the many
    second this is a simple inexpensive worn out watch that has no gold swastikas or any other fancy engraving to it,making the watch attractive it would probably read SS obersturmbhanfurher and some famous name,
    also some of his personal records refere to him as B,Helmut and others H.Barthelmes but never forget that is only my opinon and opinions are like a.......les everyone has got one
    gonna post a new thread tommorow with the dagger ,hope to here comments from you on this item ,thanks
    regards
    P.

18. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Hi Pierre,

many thanks for your answer. To find a C96 or a Luger06 or 08 in such an condition isnt easy and if you find one it will be much more expensive. I have seen C96 "Red nine" sold for more than 1900 Euros without holster and stock!!! Good Luger 08 starting at 900Euro and all numbers matching from Krieghoff ( maker for the Luftwaffe) is far out of my price range.
    Sad that your Großonkel didnt survived the war.

Regards

Ulrich

19. Pierre

Pierre Member

thank you sir I wish my luger was a black widow,I believe they where wanted by the ss, the last mint condition black widow I saw was in the Nuts museum in Bastonge ;one American told me it should be named the "go and f...k yourselves" museumLOL
    P.

20. Pierre

Pierre Member

thanks Ulrich ,you can only buy the .30 caliber free ,the 9 mm comes with gun permit or free if deactivated( but than to me the gun has no value exept emmotional one) but I have one question ,you speak of a Krieghoff starting at 900€ I don't know much about lugers but I have seen Krieghoff"s selling for 6000€ and this is no joke,someone offered 2500€ for my luger and that is also no joke,of course i can be wrong on prices
    and besides a small WW2 collection my more known field is the single action colt wich I own a lot off
    Reinhard Olthof is family but a part of the family migrated to Holland and others to Germany,my direct grandfather also fought in the war but in the belgian army and was captured by the germans
    speaking of kin fighting against kin,here you have an example
    Cheers
    P.