Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German service colours (Waffenfarben)?

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by Varyag, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Varyag

Varyag New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, but from a discussion with a friend of mine who's into figurepainting the question arose about which service colours German infantry wore during WWII, so I'm posting it here. Can someone help? :cool:

2. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    If your talking about paint for the figures,Tamiya field gray is a good start for the basic uniforms.

3. Varyag

Varyag New Member

via TanksinWW2
    No, I mean the service colours on collars and shoulder straps. For Wehrmacht in WWII.

4. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    There is a website called Fieldgrau that deals with German ground forces of WW2. If they can't answer the question I would imagine they can tell you who can.

5. Tom phpbb3

Tom phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
  6. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hi Varyag,

this sure is the right section to post such as question. Unfortunately, I can't help you with your question but I'm sure there must be a solution in one of these suggestions cause I've seen a few very colourful schemes of soldiers in my time at the forums.
    good luck on your project ;)!

Greets,
    PP

7. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    waffenfarbe for chaplains-PURPLE

Purple is the color for piping and litzen and for the band on the armband, I use amythists in my cap cross and use a purple stoll and altar cloth. it looks quite striking when everyone else has other colors on their uniforms. a kriegspfarrer is an awesome sight on the battlefield. and the soldaten are always happy to see an officer out there in the thick of the fighting paying attention to the soldiers needs. Niemand wiesst was Morgen bringt. als der Prophet erzählt uns in sein Sprüche, wir können nicht an Morgen rühmen, weil wir wissen nicht, was heute sich begeben mag. Als Soldaten, wer wissen es ehrlich. Wir haben viele gefallene Kameraden wer wissen das auch,Genau So!!Eben so wir Stolz haben, als Abteilung, als Männer,als Soldaten, und auch als Deutschen, wir sollte nicht zu stolzlich sein,Stolz bringt man zu ende. Lass die Rhüme zum Braut, Fruende oder die Oma!!Kampf gegen der Feind mit einem sauber Herz. (this is an excerpt from my sermon, that i will be preaching at JB). it means No one knows what tomorrow will bring as the prophet tell us in his proverb, we cannot boast of tomorrow for we do not know what the day may bring forth.As soldiers we know this is true we have many fallen comrades who know this too, Exactly!!Even though we have pride as a unit, as soldiers and as men and as Germans, we should not be too proud.Pride brings destruction to a man.Leave boasting to your wife to your friend or to your grandmother, fight against the enemy with a clean heart! usw and so on

8. Varyag

Varyag New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Thanks. Just one more question. Did the early style uniforms have black or dark blue collars and shoulder straps?

9. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    early uniforms

from all the books I have read the early uniforms have a bottle green collar and shoulder boards were never worn by chaplains. the early waffenrock was grey had french cuffs, and few made it into the 1939-45 war.this parade uniform was reserved for formal occaisions. in the field chaplains and other officers frequently wore enlisted tunics this made it harder for snipers to single officers out for "special treatment" :bang: