Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German tourists meet US cop

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Mehar, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Mehar

Mehar Ace

2. Vladd

Vladd Member

Maybe he should have called the cop America Boy, as that seems to be the way locals talk to people, or maybe not.

3. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

One of those "In America" types the give them Amis as a whole a bad name. Lets hope his badge gets away at some point for his obnoxious nature.

4. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

Let me see, the German guy is doing almost a hundred miles an hour, near 30 miles over the speed limit. The guy is a foreigner who should in my opinion be respectful enough to follow the laws of whatever country he is visiting. He is sneak filming an episode which I have to wonder if he didn't create on purpose.

The cop gives him a warning and lets him off. Told him the truth too.

I think that the German guy was the prick and the cop did him a favour.

I have spent many years in other countries. When you are in another man's country you follow his laws or don't go there.

KTK

Gebirgsjaeger, Timmy, syscom3 and 6 others like this.
  5. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

I didn't get the sneak filming either. It certainly does make it look like a set up. And as the cop walks away, the Germans start laughing? Of course, the German posts this on the internet too, so everyone can get a laugh out of it?

I have to agree with Ken.

I don't think the cop's attitude was proper, but in light of the situation and that fact that the cop let the German off with a warning (presumably), I have to say he was doing the German a big favour.

6. Spartanroller

Spartanroller Ace

Alan sums it up perfectly. Rudeness like that from a cop might not be right, but at least it doesn't kill people like ignoring speed limits.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Fully agree with you. 38s yours.

8. Mehar

Mehar Ace

The fact that he wasn't given a ticket was a huge favor but the language used may be seen as a bit harsh. At the same time, it probably saved the cop a ton of paper work by not giving a foreigner a ticket!

It could have been a setup on the part of the German tourists but it's difficult to know for sure without seeing more of the video if it exists.

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Another thing not considered is that if issued a ticket-the tourist can leave the Country and not pay it. It would be not only a waste of time, money, manpower and such-but more imprtantly-the paper and ink. Also, the tourist wouldnt have to worry about being arrested in Germany for not paying a ticket since we dont have any jurisdiction (for these petty matters) there anyway.

texson66, Mehar and Skipper like this.
  10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Nothing wrong with that cop in my opinion, he is being damn nice and professionnal to the guy and I'll give him full support. It's nothing but a warning , I wish I'd deal t nice cops like him when I get pulled over.... The ones I meet are very polite and will give me a huge fine with a smile. What gives that German guy the right to insult the cop on the internet ? Typical of our modern society , you'd almost forget the german was not respecting the law....

brndirt1 and Mehar like this.
  11. JoshArterburn

JoshArterburn Member

I understand everyone's point about the Germans speeding. Its unacceptable and could get someone killed.

But did the cop have to be that rude? And why he felt the need to inform them, If they go to jail in America their gonna get raped is beyond me. I am in no way condoning the actions of the Germans. However I do believe this officer could have been a little more cordial to these guests of our country.

I wonder if the American's he pull over get treated like this.

Threatening them with rape is not very professional.

12. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

While the cop was clearly an ahole, he could have done far worse to the driver. In my state, doing 100 mph is called "criminal" speeding (ARS 28-701c if you are interested in the statute). The driver could have been arrested, his vehicle impounded and, he would have had to sit in jail until arraigned. The judge could then have imposed a bail and set the condition he couldn't leave the country until the trial concluded in say, a month or so down the road.
    If the car is a rental then he is looking at being hit with nearly $1000 in fees to get the car out of impound and its tags restored. So, he should be thankful the cop was only a major jerk.

13. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

I've seen worse.

14. indyjrt

indyjrt Member

He should have cited him for Reckless Driving. That cop was waay to nice....

15. JoshArterburn

JoshArterburn Member

I will concede it was nice of the officer to let them off with a warning. He should have ticked them. And I can totally understand being authoritative to get his point across. But what did being rude to them accomplish?

16. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

The cop's goal was to prevent this guy from speeding again , that punk needed some authoritiy. I really don't think the officer was so rude, I actually believe it was quite humoristic and the officer probably played roles to impress the tourist. There is no diplomacy needed here and cops are not around to please with semantics, by slowing this German down, he possibly saved lives and did his job by protecting the population. Warning about the dangerousity of U.S. is not a thread , it's mentionning a fact. It's easy to film a police officer abroad and boast on the internet. Would he have filmed a cop in his country? When I go to the U.S I don't break laws and film officers and put them on the internet. There are so much better things to do , such as visiting and meeting people, and yes what about showing some respect to the country instead of ignoring rules and lying to the authorities?

brndirt1 and Timmy like this.
  17. JoshArterburn

JoshArterburn Member

I agree they needed some form of punishment. So they know what they did is wrong. That's why I think he should have at least ticketed them. 30 mph over the limit is unacceptable. I just don't see how what he said is going to stop them from doing it again. At the end of the video they are laughing, So obviously they didn't take him seriously.

He should have politely informed them that what they did could have killed not only them but others on the road. While writing them a huge ticket. Acting like a child and mocking them did nothing. Also where did this crap that anyone who goes to jail in America is gonna get raped come from?

18. Spartanroller

Spartanroller Ace

'Two and a half men' i think. Or the 'Shawshank redemption'. :)

19. JoshArterburn

JoshArterburn Member

That sounds about right. LOL

20. Vladd

Vladd Member