Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German tourists meet US cop

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Mehar, Oct 10, 2010.

1. JoshArterburn

JoshArterburn Member

that's for prisons tho, Had these guys been arrested, They would have went to a local jail, Not prison.

2. Timmy

Timmy Dishonorably Discharged

Yeah if you went that fast where I live you'd be going to jail..and for a while at best. There's this german/bavarian themed town that I live near here in Washington State called "Leavenworth" (not in relation at all with the prison name) and being Oktoberfest is in full swing every sheriff deputy and state trooper is just waiting to pop somebody.. There's a state patrol office not far from where I live and they definitely know how to bring the intimidation/a-hole factor into it. So i'm sure this guy knows how lucky he is he got let off..that's amazing..for going that fast and to be let go and no jail time..just wanna shake my head at that.

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hush, don't say it's not systematic, he'll be speeding even more :D

4. JoshArterburn

JoshArterburn Member

:lol:

Damn I just realized 130 posts and I haven't used any smilies :eek::machinegun:

We need an Anti Aircraft smilie:lol:

5. rayg

rayg Member

No different giving a foreigner a ticket then anyone else. Being out of state/country a bond would have to be posted or credit card used. No show and bond forfited, Ray

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

In France they would have pulled him over near a cashmashine and make him pay the fine on the spot :D

7. JoshArterburn

JoshArterburn Member

Traffic cops have hand held credit card machines for payment on the spot.

There used to be a show called "Parking Wars" that follows traffic cops. and not 1 person ever payed on the spot Lots of yelling and cursing some ticket ripping but no payment on the spot :lol:

If this cop would have had one of those machines. He could have told them pay now or go to jail. That would have got the point across.

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Really, well here they confiscate your car and you won't get it back until you pay and if you yell you get a night in the cell and can still you pay with probably an extra citation for resisting arrest :D. The reason they got so tough is that almost 33% of speeding tickets from automatic radars were caused by foreign tourists who thought they wouldn't pay the fine anyway, so they'd be driving like maniacs (the same guys would be very civil at home and drive 55mph..)

Also some European countries have now signed international conventions and they reciprocally forward fines to another country. If I'm correct Those conventions exist between Swisterland; Belgium, France and Gemrany at least. As a result tourist ar eno finally complying to the law. (or they go to the U.S. :D)

9. JoshArterburn

JoshArterburn Member

Huh, That forwarding the fines thing sounds like a good idea.

Traffic cops here don't have as much authority as a regular police officer. They can't arrest anyone they just give tickets. If you have allot of tickets on your car they will either impound it or boot it. They even have vans equipped with license plate readers. They drive down the street and the machine runs all the plates looking for people with excessive fines. Im happy I live in a small town. that stuff I spoke of is mainly in the bigger city's.

10. Mehar

Mehar Ace

They do that here sometimes as well, if you piss a cop off enough while he is ticketing you he might make you pay the fine on the spot. Not sure if you actually have the option to do so otherwise.

11. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

There are all kinds of laws concerning "traffic" here in the US, each state sort of has its own level. Here in Montana, if you are both speeding and beligerent on a road patrolled by our Highway Patrol, you can be arrested on the spot, or given a ticket, or both. In some instances you take your ticket and proceed on your way, and pay later. If you prove yourself to be an a-hole, you find yourself in the backseat of the Patrol car in cuffs and your car impounded.

Back in the seventies, when we were forced to accept the 55mph speed-limit by the feds, we made it a $5.00 ticket (unless you were FAR out of bounds), you paid on the spot (they took checks too), the ticket didn't go on your record for points, and the money was sent to the Great Falls School for the Deaf and Blind after a $1 processing fee.

This only applied if you were going up to 80 or so, over that and you could be back in the old trouble we used to use for "imprudent" operation for road conditions on non-interstate roads. And that fine was stiff!