Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German War Memorials links--please look...

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by C.Evans, Jan 14, 2003.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks to our new friend from germany--we now have an excellent site to go to to look at German War Memorials.

Please go to www.kriegerdenkmal.com and have a look see. Its a rather nice site I just spent about an hour at today.

Thank you "R" for sending me this link. [​IMG]

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

You are aware of WASt and the Volksburo ?

E

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

great site Carl ! I made mention of WASt and the Volksbund......www.volksbund.de

as a resource for finding lost loved ones or interesting persons. Originaly for WASt you would have had to have had a German soldier relative pass away before you could access their enormous files. The wait is usally worth it though as I received some interesting info from them on one of my cousins. Not sure but I think alsmot all can acess there data base with the right contact(s).
    Never really engaged the site in depth as I am sure the war cemetaries must cover Wünstorf, as it is a major burial ground for Luftwaffe pilots. have a couple of pics of rows of JG 301 vets that persished in November of 44......a chill down the spine......

E

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I knew of WASt and I think you had told me about the other one before--I think.

My friend from Bavaria--sent me this link and im hoping Otto will add it to the links pages soon--so it doesnt get lost here quickly. [​IMG]

Rows of JG 301 vets--that sends a chill down my spine as well. At the gunshow this last weekend--there was a person there who said that we are now losing 10,000 ww2 vets a day--I think he is badly mistaken--but even if 10,000 a week is correct--that is an enormous number. :(