Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

getting creative for JB

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by aquist, Apr 6, 2007.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    I decided to try and make up some panzerfausts for JB, the parts I got together were a ten foot length of 2 inch PVC pipe (five bucks) four 4 inch terracotta flower pots, I know they are fragile, i plan to coat them with fiberglass and fiberglass cloth, and 4 automotive funnels,, the long jobbies. these form the basis for our panzerfausts. when finished painted and marked they will be put into an ammo crate and broken out when the allied M5 Stewart tank and half tracks cross the battlefield. Now I know we cant actually fire them or even simulate firing them but the tank commanders may soil their overhauls when they see Germans with panzerfausts moving toward them, lol

2. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    antitank measures at JB

we are also bringing teller mines S-mines a panzerschreck and maybe a 75 mm PAK antitank gun. Will has his heart set on a tank destruction badge hee hee hee .but since it is a public battle the script says the Germans will lose. ah, I can remember being a GI in this same battle and the script never changes, I have been attending JB in St Louis Mo since 1983. :bang:

3. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    advertizing the Battle

there are are ads in the MV magazines etc. and flyers on line and other places for JB, this wasnt done last year or any of the recent years, I sure hope we don't get rained out like our battle of the bulge battle did, shhh dont tempt fate.

4. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    sorry for my ignorance, but what does JB stands for?

5. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    rides to the battle

we have rented a 15 passenger van so if u live anywhere near us and want to go to st louis for that weekend and are willing to share the cost of rental and gas contact us, btw we are in Hot Springs Ark and departure is set for about 4 0r 5 pm on friday of the last weekend in april. ps i need a date for the dance preferably female lol

6. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    JB=Jefferson Barracks

this world war two weekend is the biggest public ww2 battle in the midwest. it draws 500 reenactors thousands of spectators and 100s of military vehicles plus there is a dance. Jefferson Barracks is one of the oldest military posts in the USA. its April 27-29 in St Louis Mo.

7. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Neat idea for a fake 'faust KP! :D

8. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    change two on the faust

moved up to a 6inch pot as the web site says the Panzerfaust head for a 100mm is about 6 inches I doubt very seriously if it will be ready for JB next week but it is about 90% finished that is my first one, Will aNd Gary have a fully operational Panzerschreck.

9. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
  10. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    firing it

LOS ! swooooosh- and a green tailed rocket zooms out of the pipe in the general direction of the enemy. soldaten scatter in all directions. I have cautioned them not to aim it any humans and give ample warning that there is a fire in the hole. still its a scary sight, usually the only frangible weapons used are grenades and mortar rounds. its a fad, and will soon pass, I think we should use these new pyro technic devices for weapons demo without any target before the battle and use our magnetic mines to deal with the tanks.

11. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Opinions?

was ist deine meinung? whAT IS YOUR OPINION?

12. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    panzerfaust

The above writing calls to mind a British bomb demolition man clearing them in post war Germany, in one town he found a big collection of them in not too good condition. As he could not explode them in situ he was not too keen on moving them individually by hand so came up with this idea.
    He tied a long length of electric cable around half a dozen, tied other end to his jeep and drove away. Unfortunately the cable stretched like elastic until it reached its limit then the whole bundle shot up into the air!!
    It came down within spitting distance of the jeep with half of remaining slates and bricks going up in a cloud of smoke and flame! Needless to say, did not use that idea again!

13. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    JB weekend

So KP old Mate, it's the biggy this coming weekend? We expect reports and pics, looking foreward to them.

14. HSU21

HSU21 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Kriegspfarrer, bring back pictures. :D