Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Girls HATE war!

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Commando, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    I honestly can't see why girls hate war so much. No girls that I know like to talk about WW2, although when one of my friends told my girlfriend that I wanted to join the SAS, she didn't make a fuss about it which was good. Are there even any girls on this forum?

the Commando.

2. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Taking your last question first - we have 2 known women on this form, both of whom rarely post outside of the Member's Lounge.

Why don't women get so excited about war? In my (limited) experience it is because they tend to see the destruction & death aspect and not really want to know more (understandably). My wife, for example, is very keen on modern US history so gets very enthusiastic about all the political manouverings and effects of WW1 & WW2, but doesn't really know or care exactly what happened militarily.

3. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Yeah I guess so, but I still can't see how they can't like it. I mean I personally don't really like all the death and destruction involved in war, but the machines and tactics I find interesting.

4. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You spend your time talking to girls about war?? GHU!

5. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Commando;

You have a lot to learn about the female gender. The very first thing you must learn is nobody understands them, even themselves. The second thing to learn is that there are no steadfast rules with them either. Men will always be wrong no matter the reason or logic.

There are a few females who are interested in warfare but they tend to be rather butch. :D

6. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Because they can't (or don't want to) seperate the 2 halves of it. We can happily discuss tank stats without really acknowledging that the abiliity to 'knock out' another tank means the ability to inflict death and mutilation on 4 or 5 human beings. But the women I have discussed it with can't (or won't).

On another note, as Merlin hinted at, discussing warfare with women won't help your chances... ;)

7. David.W

David.W Active Member

via TanksinWW2
    Couldn't have put it better myself!

Couldn't have put it better myself!

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Re: post

:D

Saw lots of very nice girls in sexy halloween costumes last night - for some reason it never occurred to me to talk to them about war.

9. David.W

David.W Active Member

via TanksinWW2
    Then you are slipping!

No Brownie points for you! ;) :)

10. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Merlin;

I don't spend all my time talking to girls about war, but when me and my friends happen to be talking about it, any girls who are around make a huge fuss about it. :roll:

11. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    mmm, not all girls hate war, look at the israeli armed forces and you have plenty of exemples.
    but basically is how they are raised since childhood

12. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Just to highlight the point - take a look at this news report. It contains pictures that are quite horrific, so don't look if you are squeamish or have small children near.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/p ... html/1.stm

That is what war does. It is not nice. Even if you get through untouched, chances are your friend or somebody you know did not.

This is to give a graphic explanation of why many people don't like discussing war.

13. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Anyone with a glimmering of sense hates war, you take a look at some of the young lads maimed for life coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq, evidently the girls are a bit smarter than the lads in Oz!

14. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    war is the ultimate game ,played for all the marbles ...men love brutal competition , boxing , raceing ..football, both ours and yours , is simply war , fought in a bloodless , safe , orderly way ..women are mothers or mothers in waiting and are by nature of a nurtureing mindset , potted plants ,fuzzy little dolls or pets ..... ever bring a gurgleing ,helpless ,little poopy pants infant into a crowd of women and see how they all light up ? you daddys know what im talking about ..whatever their age ,race ,culture or language ,females tend to go gaga over babys or toddlers...much as we cave dwellers do over performance cars ,airplanes ,ships ,weapons ,power tools ,football stars , ect ...

..look at their magazines ,home ,children ,cooking ,nest building ..or if they dont have these things yet , their magazines are geared to making them slimmer, sexyer ,better dressed and more attractive to us cave men so they can get hitched and start into nesting , even the most modern ,independent , career minded woman tends feels a harsh pang if she is childless at 34 .

..patton said " all other human endevor pales when compared to war " we men know this is true ,women dont see it that way .they abohr weapons and violence ,yet they are often attracted to viril ,hard or powerful or even reckless men ..why because they innately know these men are prolly good hunters who could also protect the nest and hearth from all comers ,man or beast , or at least they would die trying .... in our fur wearing , smokey primevil past ...

..to women , high combat drama is about who is stealing who`s boyfreind on a silly daytime tv soap opera ..this is as close to human conflict as most woman care to go..woman are so much more sensible than us hunter killer cave dwellers .

men and women are from completely different planets and if it werent for awsome power of sexual attraction we wouldnt have anything to do with one another ..actually , lets face it , they are poor fighters and they cant run very fast either ...we would have killed and eaten them all in prehistoric times , but then , think how messy our caves would be...

15. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I can go with that. :D

16. Cholbert

Cholbert New Member

via TanksinWW2
    New York Marathon today. Go Paula Radcliffe! Woohoo!!!
    She can run a damn sight faster and further than I can.
    :kill:

17. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Ricky:

Some of those pictures are jolly awful!
    Don't worry, I don't feel funny at all looking at them, although they are gross, but I'd sure hate it if my sister saw them!

18. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    hateing war imo, is kinda like hateing landslides or tsunamis or blizzards ...there have always been wars, there will always be wars . war is simply what happens when talking no longer does any good ..in olden times you either became good at war or you were enslaved ,robbed ,raped or cleansed from the planet as a people .

modern history is not so different from olden days ..i personaly think peace is superiour to war ,but i dont hate war any more than i hate fire or hurricanes ,or guns ... i mean ,really , whats the point ?

19. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Because landslides etc will happen despite whatever humans do, while war happens because of what humans do.

20. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Agreed - it ain't rocket science really is it (whoops!).