Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by Richard, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Richard

Richard Expert

2. phylo_roadking

phylo_roadking Member

3. Richard

Richard Expert

I am without question thinking this is fiction and one too avoid.

4. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Oh no, not again. I read the authors claimed the West did not know if Hitler was dead or not for a long time. The fact is that (Stalin and) the USSR did not inform about the Bunker and suicide until early 1960´s, so nothing was reported for some 17 years. No wonder there were rumours flying. And all the Bunker personnel were also in the Soviet hands.

5. FalkeEins

FalkeEins Member

..personally I find all this 'Grey Wolf' rubbish just tiresome in the extreme ...

....In November 1945, Hugh Trevor-Roper was ordered by Dick White of MI6 to investigate the circumstances of Adolf Hitler's death and to rebut the propaganda of the Soviet government that Hitler was alive and living somewhere in the West. Using the alias of Major Oughton, Trevor-Roper interviewed the last people - politicians, military men, and supporting staff - to have been present in the bunker with Hitler, and who had been able to escape at the last minute, including Bernd Freytag von Loringhoven. The ensuing investigation resulted in Trevor-Roper's most famous book, The Last Days of Hitler (1947, with revised editions as late as 1995), in which he described the last ten days in the life of Hitler

6. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

The author has his own thread on this topic. He has his supporters, but I'm inclined to believe it as fictitious as secret Nazi moon landings and secret Antarctic bases. There's too much evidence to the contrary, despite the ties of US and German industry in the post-WWI era. Remember, Hitler did not begin until 1933. Prior too that, Germany was viewed as an ally of the US, and it was in our interests to see Germany succeed.