Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Guns

Discussion in 'Living History' started by Tomahawk720, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Tomahawk720

Tomahawk720 Member

I'm looking to buy a WW2 gun that I can actaul fire. I found this one website called R Replica's but I'm not sure that they're fireable or not. If anyone can find a website or know of somewhere I can buy one of these guns:

Thompson
    Garand
    MP44/Stg. 44
    for under $200 it would be apperciated.

Sorry if this is in the wrong secton wasn't sure.

2. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

It all depends on how old you are and where you live as to what weapons you can buy. You wont be able to find any of those weapons youve listed for under $200.

3. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

4. machine shop tom

machine shop tom Member

Dunham's sporting goods stores in the US have been selling vintage WW2 rifles for a few years now.

Their website doesn't list them but they have Mausers, Moisin Nagants, etc.

tom

5. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

There are a few here in Portland too. Like I said it depends on where he lives.

6. Tomahawk720

Tomahawk720 Member

I live in Sacramento and I am trying to find a replica of those guns. I've seen a replica of each of those that you can fire at a coulpe gun shows for under $200.

7. 1911Colt

1911Colt Member

There's only 1 Dunhams left in my area, which is Carlisle as the other 3 have closed this past year. As of last week they had M1 Carbines ($600), Mitchells Mausers ($300) Mosin's ($75-$110) & K-31's ($140). Of course the prices are based on memory, but i'm sure i'm not too far off if i am.

8. Keystone Two-Eight

Keystone Two-Eight Member

I hate to dash your hopes, but dont count on anything that cheap.
    Replicas can be found here: WWII GUNS - Relive The Greatest Battles Of History
    But not for anything less than $800.00 U.S. Currency.

I've seen a model of a Thompson for $295.00, but it was a non firing replica. If you want an actual thompson, you're gonna have to add another zero to your cost.

Now if you are looking for actual weapons used during the war? Forget about it. You will not find an Sg 44 that is anything aside from a replica that will fire. To my knowledge, all the existing 44's have to be cut into pieces and welded back together to ensure they do not fire.

If you can find one, and an owner willing to part with it, you will need a special license from the Feds to own it. My brother in law is part owner in a gun shop in Louisiana that makes semi-auto MG42's, and it's damn near impossible to own one for less than... Well, to get one in good shape, with a tripod? You can find them on-line for about 10K.

9. Keystone Two-Eight

Keystone Two-Eight Member

California? Ooooooh brother!! You better check your state laws, because Im pretty sure with all the gun problems you guys have got, there are bound to be specific laws prohibiting replicas blank firing guns and the like. Now over here in North Carolina, I could show you a gun shop 3 miles down the road where you can drop $80.00 in the guys hand and walk out with a fully operational, war issued Mosin Nagant .