Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Harris M. Beecher HQ Battery, 54th Anti-Aircraft Arty Brigade

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Linkert, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Linkert

Linkert New Member

Hello all.

I have a huge interest in the history of WW1 and WW2. I live in Belgium and have adopted 15 war graves (1 British, 14 American) in Belgium, France and the Netherlands.

One of my adoption graves is the grave of Harris M. Beecher. He was in the HQ Battery, 54th Anti-Aircraft Arty Brigade. I am trying to find information about this regiment, but I can't seem to find any information on it. It's also remarkable that only 2 soldiers were killed and are buried on the ABMC cemeteries. Can anyone give me a clue or point me in the right direction? I have also no idea what kind of patch they had.

Harris Beecher is also one of two adoption grave soldiers of whom I haven't got a picture. He was born in Aitkin County, Minnesota and grew up in Denver County, Colorado. I didn't find any relatives yet so I hope someday this will occur too.

He died on April 8, 1945 in Belgium, he Died Non-Battle and is buried at the Ardennes American cemetery in Neupré, Belgium.

If anyone can help me in any way with this information... I'd be eternally grateful :)

This is the link to my website where I honor Harris Beecher: nicksbattlefieldtrips.com

Best regards
    Nick
    Belgium

2. lwd

lwd Ace

Linkert likes this.
  3. Linkert

Linkert New Member

Thank you for the information. By now I have found relatives of him, and pictures. You can read about him on his web page: nicksbattlefieldtrips.com
    I hope to find the location of where the pictures are taken where Harris is standing next to his truck, and the location where he had the unfortunate accident.

And I have found just a little information about the regiment, but have to add that to the website.

Thank you all.
    Nick