Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hat ID

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by William, Apr 1, 2004.

1. William

William Member

Came across a hat in our collections I've never seen before, so I thought I'd ask here.

It is a billed hat, with the bill being black. The body of the hat is navy blue wool, with yellow piping around the crown. Affixed to the part of the hat between the brim and the crown (don't know what that part is called) there is a band. The band is removable, and held tight by a piece of black elastic band in the back. Embroidered on this removable band is the word "Kontrolle", also in yellow.

The device affixed to the front of the hat has a man in a cloak, with a cross on the cloak, his arms outstretched, and the 3rd and 4th fingers of his right hand bent to his palm (hope that makes sense). His head, which is hooded, is also surrounded by a halo.

Surround the man is a piece of scroll or ribbon, and his feet are standing on 3 balls, the left one with a "K" on it, middle with "M", the right most with "V". The "M" ball is lower than the other two.

The whole device is made of thin metal, bronze in color.

Ideas?????

Wm.T.

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I have'nt the foggiest. At first I thought it could have been a veterans cap or a Kyfferhausbund cap or maybe even a minors cap--but the insignia definately is not that of any of these orgs.