Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Have all five Japanese midget submarines at Pearl Harbor been accounted for

Discussion in 'Pearl Harbor' started by John Dudek, Mar 18, 2007.

1. John Dudek

John Dudek Member

As near as I can remember, three of the five Japanese midget Submarines involved in the Pearl Harbor attack have been accounted for. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

2. Amrit

Amrit Member

3. John Dudek

John Dudek Member

4. Balderdasher

Balderdasher Dishonorably Discharged

Hey John

We can't be relied upon to relay the impartial truth on history that regards us,
    often I find British accounts on American and vs vs less partial,
    ideally we'd have someone else not on either side write out history books, but we don't
    this series has some questionable strategic claims as in Japan allied to Germany, but tactically brings up some interesting revelations that go counter to our own existing history/propaganda.

I know some here say my sourcing History or Discovery/Science channel documentaries here can't be trusted(often they want their own favourite historian taken as gospel), but I find this interesting.

I hope this helps you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=599oByAMyek&mode=related&search=

Cheers

5. GoGators2011

GoGators2011 Member

The fifth sub is still out there somewhere, but nobody has even a remote idea of where to look. According to this website, Advance Force Pearl Harbor, the last midget sub actually fired torpedoes into the U.S.S. West Virginia, and radioed the success to the mother sub I-16. Hours later, radio contact was lost, and the sub was never heard from again.