Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hearts of Iron 2

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Ron, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Joe

Joe Ace

Sultan, first of all welcome to the forum!
    Second, what is your favourite nation to play? Romania is the best, it is easy to make them powerful, and Canada has a strong position (I.E. The Atlantic ocean between it and Germany)

2. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

Besides the world powers, I myself prefer Italy. It is not a triggered belligerent of the war, and it has a foothold on both continents to begin with, linked easily. The shape of the country is also defensible, with mountains to the north, and an entire natural choke-point the whole way up.

Finland is also one of my favorites.

3. Joe

Joe Ace

Czechoslovakia is also fun to play as. I built myself up a large army (Rivalling Germany's) up to 1938, and did not give them the Sudetenland. But they (Germany) didn't declare war on me so I might wait until they attack Poland (Hopefully Britain will ally with them, I am allied with Britain so it would mean war with Germany). The only downside is my Polish border is not well defended, so I hope the combined forces of me, Poland and France will be able to hold tight.

4. sultan

sultan recruit

wait... how did you recognize me??:eek::D i thought i was good at concealing myself, but well...

my favourite nation is persia since i have spent most of my HOI2 time playing this nation, trying to device the perfect strategy for it, and only now succeeding:D there is nothing like taking a minor nation and turning it into a monster.

5. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

So are you going to Attack the Axis with your newly acquired American IC and puppets?

6. Joe

Joe Ace

I tried downloading the latest patch for this game, although now there is an "error in the DB", if anyone can help me.

7. sultan

sultan recruit

the axis is just too powerful ATM, i think i'll attack the latin americans and the japanese first.
    BTW, nice to see my AAR has some readers:D

8. Rommel2009

Rommel2009 Member

I have a game going as the Germans, who i play almost all the time. Its Febuary of 1940, I recently wrapped up fighting in france, I already wipped the polish, and have pulled most of my divisions back to the russian front where by the end of this year i should begin fighting. I have pulled in most of Europe into the fighting. Ive got Nat. Spain, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Italy, the new Vichy France, and in Asia Japan and Siam. I love tryin to get as many nations on my side as possible. The allies got so many, I think its only fair I do too lol. I also have 7 divisions fixing to attack denmark and norway. My airforce is pretty good, Frances airforce is nearly gone and britian has mostly interceptors cuz i took out their tac. bombers. My navy is small but good, the wolf packs are making a killing and I have 5 aircraft carriers, no battleships yet.
    Unfortunately, but not suprisingly, Italy is getting their tail whipped in Africa. So I need to get some of my transports around spain to send a few divisions to help them out. The worst thing about Germany, and the thing i love, is that you are constantly attacked on all sides. It makes things... interesting lol. And not to mention, Italy's navy is half destroyed already lol.
    Also unfortunately, Im afriad the Japs are going to bring the US in early. Im not quite ready for that, but last time i played as Germany, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor i think in the beggining of 1941 instead of the end. More than half a yr. early! Hopefully it wont come to that. Ive only got about 9 inf. divisions in france and around 7 garrisons there so if the US started bombing them and coming early i dont no how well my western front will hold up.
    All in all, id say things are just getting fun =D lol. Ive had the game for a while, and ive never played MP but id b interested in it. Even without it though, the game is awesome.

9. 2REP

2REP Member

WOW! More HOI Fans!
    I love this game! I've been playing it since it came out (HOI1). One of the things that I love best is all of the user built mods out there, I love the fact the Paradox left the game "open ended" for modding purposes. You can literally turn any of the HOI games into anything!

@Joe - I realize this post is a little old, and hopefully your past your error, but in case anybody else wonders on this thread because of the same problem....... Paradox Patches are many, and some are "all inclusive" and some are incrimental. So, either you just had a file corrupt (re-run the patch) or you installed a "hotfix" type patch and there are some missing files.

I'm actually busy writing FAQ's on HOI, all versions. I'm indexing them for easy searching, hopefully it will turn out to be a valuable rescource for my fellow HOI players. You can find it at www.hoi-mods.com

If anybody needs any help with this game, feel free to contact me.
    PS - If anybody is trying to decide to get this or not, I have the Demo version for download on my website.... try it, you will buy it!

10. Diana Köhler

Diana Köhler Dishonorably Discharged

HOI2 its the best game eva!! really i spent the whole day playing, and its very cool, find other people who like to play :). Greetings :)

11. 2REP

2REP Member

Greetings Diana!

email me when you want to try an MP game. What HOI are you playing? I have all of them, but I'm not really liking HOI3 yet...