Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hearts of Iron AARs: Your Voice Counts!

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Mussolini, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

So, I plan on doing some AAR's again (After Action Reports) - which may include some video streaming of the game along with the usual screenshots!

Hearts of Iron allows you to play as ANY country in the World that existed in 1936. So: Two questions for you all:

Hearts of Iron III: Black ICE Mod
    -Which country do you want me to play?

Hearts of Iron IV: Vanilla
    -Which country do you want me to play?

I will most likely start with whichever countries get the most votes. I am most familiar with (ironically, despite my name) as playing as the USA most of the time.

Otto likes this.
  2. lwd

lwd Ace

Might be interesting to see you play the same country in both. Would give those of us who haven't played an idea of the differences.

My vote is for whatever will provide the most interesting example of game play, which may not be very helpful.

3. Otto

Otto Gearing up. Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

My vote is Japan for both.

4. Mussolini

Yeah, good idea. I'll play the same country in both versions of the game.

Unless anyone else chimes in, I plan on starting Ottos-requested Japan this weekend.

5. Otto

Yeah, I'd love key to compare the two games, that seems a good way to do it. You can also counteract your most familiar gameplay nation of the US.

6. Mussolini

The Black ICE mechanics are just so different.

Just thinking ahead, I know in HOI 4 I have a 60% chance of outright puppeting 'China' with no combat whatsoever. Having never played as them, I am not sure how much manpower or factories I would miss out on doing this, but China has virtually no resources. Guangzi Clique is, ironically, the more important Chinese Nation to take, as that is where all the resources are in HOI 4.

In HOI 3, such a thing is not possible. I basically have about a year once the game starts to get into fighting shape to take on the Chinese. The AI isn't great at doing Naval invasions, so I have that in my advantage, but otherwise the AI is pretty tough. China-Japo war will be a grind. There is a chance, as the war progresses, for Chinese forces to change sides. Its all about building up that base economy in HOI 3.

Also - thanks for fixing my avatar!

7. Otto

Looking forward to it Musso.

My pleasure on the avatar. You still have your smilie from the old days hard coded into the smilie system: :mattc:

8. Mussolini

Hah - so I do! I've failed to notice the 'Show All' button below the smilies down there. Like I said, its been a while since I was on this forum. I am used to a bbc-code format forum where doing the whole [img width=400] or the [floatleft] etc all does fancy stuff to yours posts - some of it sorta works here, but most of it does not.

9. Otto

This software "almost" does every good feature I wanted. Remember the old, super organized, smilie system? We could never get than done here. The new system will give us back a tonne of our old features, including organized smilies, and many more features.

Diversion over, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

10. Mussolini

:flag_pirate:

Also, I think you'll get a kick out of the AAR. The HOI 4 one at least. You'll see in the next 24 - 48 hours what I am talking about :pelvicthruster: