Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hearts of Iron III

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by JTF-2, May 12, 2009.

1. gustavowizard

gustavowizard Member

Im having major difficults to set New Threather...
    With Japan at certain time i clickd the 'define theathre' button it created like 7 new threathers at 1 time! was a dam messs.... plus i cant create any 1 with Brasil... i was wondering if someone know how to change it on the files or something... or im just missing somehotkey or somehting...
    Anybody know how i do it? create just 1 new theathere?
    Thanks a lot guys

2. Anderan

Anderan Member

First things first. gusavowizard I take it english isn't your 1st language :p

Anyways, I've recently taken a shot at playing as Japan and things are going ok, I've got most of china under my control but for some reason my army refuses to resupply, so I've got almost an entire army sitting there with no supplies and this prevents me from attacking. I had this problem once before but it was solved by building convoys but i've got a surplus of like 30 convoys and still my army refuses to resupply. Also, the 1.3 patch screwed up my game, it didn't break anything gameplay wise, but now the flags are all screwed over.

3. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I am missing the sunk ship stats that used to be on the top right tab which told you all the loses of every ship and how they were sunk.

Although It still does have the sunk ships button when you click on the individual ships, now also including transport ships from convoys.

4. Joe

Joe Ace

Hi all,
    My game stopped working recently, I get a C++ runtime error or something? any help guys?

5. Tomcat

6. gustavowizard

gustavowizard Member

The convoys is not the only thing to have efficient supplie path, you gotta check if the place you are stands next to a territory you own, like the transport planes; they cant air supplie troops on disputed territory (you gotta supplie then on your territory then avance...). That happened to me first time i played with brazil and invaded portugal... all i did was build more convoys and also i upgraded my Sea Bases on Natal and Lisboa to level max, so that way sea supplie routes are dam more fast, remember, sea bases and and territory... try it ;) will work...

And yes, english is not my first language since im Brasilian.. (we speak portuguese here by the way...) i know i made a lot of typing mistakes so sorry to everybody but still i think its better than try to make you guys learn portuguese :p

7. Anderan

Anderan Member

ya I know, i didn't mean anything by it, anyways, the territory is connected, there isn't a single territory behind my line that isn't mine so I don't know what it is, its weird, they still receive fuel just not supplies, and I have a surplus of supplies in my stockpile so that isn't the problem.

8. Joe

Joe Ace

I found that out in my Germany game before it decided it didnt want to work anymore. I invaded UK from France (Calais region I think), and I manually moved about a corps worth of units until I could secure a port (Dover) that could handle a lot of supplies.
    Then I ferried the rest of the 5th Army across and let the general commanding do the rest.
    I think you have to capture a major port pretty quick. making the operation very risky.

9. Anderan

Anderan Member

I control 80% of china :/

10. Tomcat

I am yet to use the AI control with the military except to set defences positions and once I have taken a new country I simply just issue the orders to the commander in charge of the men there and he automatically moves the men to most important areas, man that is great.

11. gustavowizard

gustavowizard Member

maybe the rebels are stealing them? :) lol joking....

Hey guys can someone tell me where to find Tutorials to learn to mod Hoi III?
    a link or something would be great!! thanks a lot

12. Tomcat

13. Joe

Joe Ace

I do the complete opposite-I put the entire front on AI control and just watch the show.
    I set the objectives, of course, but other than that I only give them the units.

14. Tomcat

I have this need for control hehe.

I also love the fact that by clicking on the various HQ's you can see exactly how many men are in the regiments, divisions. corps, armies and then the whole theatre.

15. Anderan

Anderan Member

I might download the New Nations Mod when ever they update it, would be interesting to play as my home state and make it take over the US.

16. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Anyone have any tips to lower my neutrality without having to cheat?

Playing at the moment as Romania. Wanted to make sure I could keep my supplies in good order. Romania has plenty of crude oil and just about enough of everything else. Just about the entire military was reserves to start the game so it took almost a full year to get enough reinforcements to invade Bulgaria. I haven't decided who is next on the list, but I'm thinking Hungry or Greece.

17. Tomcat

I believe you have to influence there government towards your political views using both the spies and the diplomacy windows.

18. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

I'm sorry Tomcat, I think you confused me. I tried playing previously (though admittedly before 1.3 update) as Canada in two separate games. In one game, I was able to finally become part of the Allies in about January 1940 but unable to declare war against Germany since my neutrality level and their threat level didn't coincide to allow me to declare war. The second time I tried I had the same thing only I was unable to join the Allies because their threat level to me wasn't high enough for the Allies to allow me into the coalition. Even as Fascist Italy I was unable to declare war against Spain since there was no threats from Spain. Finally I just started using the no neutrality cheat. I'm not sure about aligning myself more with England before the war. As Canada I wasn't able to align anymore, as I was maxed out toward Democracy.

I can try increasing the spy priority and sending more to disrupt national unity though

19. gustavowizard

gustavowizard Member

Set objectives and Using AI to anything is sissy-doll stuff :)
    You gotta do all on manual as i do and start to use your brain dude :)
    well thats just me... but play this kinda of game with AI on your side makes no sense and its just like using cheats to me... eheheh.. anyway but you have the right to play anyway you want..., im just messing with ya :)
    farewell

20. gustavowizard

gustavowizard Member

To lower neutrality with any country, just set "Lower Neutrality" on the Intelligence menu, then put some leadership power on your Espionage ( i usually put like 1,5-2,0 with Brasil) until the Internal Spy number is 10.
    Then after that you can Take Off all the leadership of spionage and spend in something else if u want. Romenia starts with 90 neutrality so it take a bit more time to be able to make war (with Brasil its 80 so its a bit more quick, still with brasil take lot of time due the war major theathre isollation of South America (witch for me is very good cause give me time to get tech and military power to grow "fat" ) ;)