Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

hello all!!

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by greyhem, Jan 13, 2007.

1. greyhem

greyhem recruit

hi, everyone! i'm new to this forum and i'm very glad to be apart of. I'm very interested in WWII and am currently buying several WWII items (reproductions and originals) to make a 2nd Rangers uniform. I also like to airsoft so i recently recieved a tokyo marui Thompson m1a1. i plan to dress up as a WWII soldier when playin' airsoft lol
    maybe a little dorky, but it's so satisfying. Anyways, not too long ago i ordered some corcoran style paratrooper boots because i've heard several people, and some people from reenactment units, that some of the 2nd Rangers wore paratrooper boots instead of the issued type 2 service shoes with the m1938 leggings. Is this true? I've a friend that said some rangers did wear the boots but got there arses kicked by paratroopers. anyways, if anyone knows the answer i'd appreciate it if u told me. thanks again!
    laters,
    j0ey

2. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Hello Joey and welcome to the forums....don't worry, quite a few of us here are 'dorky' ;)

'Fraid I don't know the answer to your Corcoran question as uniforms and re-enactment aren't my thing, but some of the guys at the 'Living History' end may be able to offer suggestions.....

3. greyhem

greyhem recruit

ey man, thanks for the directions! yea, man this question has been in the back of my head for the longest time. yea, so hopefully i get an answer. but even if the rangers did wear paratrooper boots...i probably will still get the type 2 service shoes lol
    yea, i've leggins so i don't want those to go to waste. well thanks again for ur help. laters,
    j0ey