Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hello from Texas

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Young_Dirk, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Young_Dirk

Young_Dirk New Member

Good morning everyone,

1. Your Name and Forum Member Name: Whats your name? What would you like to be called? How did you come up with your member-name?
    My name is Cody, Young_Dirk is my username. Feel free to refer to me as either of these in forums. Member name was a nickname I had in high school.

2. Age: How long have you been on this planet? How long have you been interested in WWII?
    I am 30 years old and have been interested in WWII for at least the last 20 years. I'm trying to figure out more about my grandfather's service as he didn't really talk about his time in the Army.

3. Origins: Where are you from?
    I am from Waco, TX

4. Historical Interest: What areas of WWII are you interested in? What would you like to know more about? What are your areas of knowledge, and what can you help other with?
    I would like to know more about radio operators, the Army's air operations, a little bit of the ranking structure as well. I know a lot of the basic things (significant battles of the war, how it started and how it ended.

5. Hobbies: What sort of Hobbies do you have? Are any related to World War II? Wargaming? Video-games? Memorabilia? Visiting historic sites?
    My hobbies include genealogy, studying WWI, WWII, the Korean and the Vietnam wars, firearms (gunsmithing, target shooting, etc.), video games, camping, hiking, and working on small projects around the house.

Slipdigit likes this.
  2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

3. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Welcome to the forum. Rich A. in Pa.

4. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Welcome to the forum !
    Did a bit of gun-smithing myself : Hot blueing shotguns and pistols & minor repair with an FFL back in the 80's.

5. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Welcome aboard…

7. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Active Member

Hiyas and welcome, Cody. I'm Darrell, but prefer "Thump" on the forums. My s/n is an old Air Force nickname. I'm just shy of 57 and have been interested in militaria since I was a boy; my gramps was killed over Germany in WWII and that spurred my interest. I was born right down the road from you, in Grand Prairie, and after a life of traveling have settled down in Hill Country. My main hobbies are playing guitar and writing. I visit ships and museums when I can. Since I've returned home I've visited USS Texas, USS Lexington, and the Nimitz museum down the road in Fred'burg.

I'm interested in all aspects of WWII. My weak spots are CBI theater and detailed knowledge of the Eastern Front. I'm pretty good with PTO land, sea, and air, USAAF ops in the ETO and MTO -- if I can help you with that I would be glad to.

8. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

TM 11-235 Radio Sets SCR-536 A B C D E and F (1945)

9. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor