Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

hello there

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by turkishwolf, Dec 27, 2010.

1. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Cheers anyway chap, I appreciate the reply to my slightly cheeky request.
    If you do happen to potter onto a turkish language site with more Deacon usage info... bear me in mind ;).

~A

2. turkishwolf

turkishwolf Childish Member

your cheeky request?
    It was not cheeky.All is ok.
    As i said you that there is no any information that deacon you said.
    If i can find somethings about it i would like warn you ofcourse.
    No problem.

3. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

Hello Turkishwolf, I am late to greet you, but welcome and glad to have you here!

I was just reading about Turkey in WWI with the Dardanelles campaign. I have an interest in the naval "battle" of the straits.

4. turkishwolf

Thank you.
    Dardanelles,Gallipoli or Çanakkale(in Turkish)
    This battle so epic in Turkish History.Coz Ottoman Empire soldiers fighted against to almost all world(UK,France,New Zeland,Australia,India,French Africa) with poor guns and old technology.
    So we say that about this war ''Çanakkale can not be trespassed''
    By the way i can help you if you need more information, picture or internet page.
    Greetings from Turkey...

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

- I have a vile of sand taken from the Canakkale beach/s - means alot to me. Thankyou for looking after some of Australia's finest sons.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you as well. Its also nice to have someone who can teach us more of your Countries involvement in History. I look forward to whatever you feel like talking about.

Take care--Carl.

7. turkishwolf

So you came to Çanakkale for call to mind your soldiers.
    If you noticed that an inscription in Çanakkale about your soldiers Atatürk said?
    They sleep with our soldiers together in peace.
    Maybe its single inscription over the world for enemy soldiers.

8. Krystal80

Krystal80 Member

My dad has a Turkish gun, but I can't remember what it is called. He is very fond of it. I will get the name and a picture soon. He is a gun collecter and uses them to hunt with to provide meat at least once to prove they are worthy of his collection. He went Elk hunting with this particular turkish gun with my grandpa (84 years old at the time), but let my grandpa have the shot at the nice bull they found. He was using open sites and unfortunalty missed and the Elk ran away. He is wanting to try again this year. He says it shoots very well and accurate.

He may have some questions about your weapons if you don't mind answering them. Thank you and look forward to your posts.

Krystal

9. turkishwolf

Interesting topic and i will try to help you about Turkish guns.
    How did he find this gun? or when did he buy?

10. Krystal80

Krystal80 Member

My dad says his gun is a german made mauser made for the turkish. The barrel was reblued into a matte finsih to take off the shine. It is a straight bolt 8mm and without looking at it again, he thinks is is a 1931 and would have to look at the model. He says it is mint condition and shoots very nice. Has rosewood handrubbed oil on the stock after taking the grease off of it. One of his favorite guns.

He went into a hardware store in a very small town that had a gun shop in the back that sometimes sold old military guns. He looks for ones that are all origional and all the serial # match. He only had to pay $180 about 5 yrs ago. His best finds are estate auctions when an old military person passes away and their children just sell everything off not knowing what the guns are valued at. He is in the process of getting pictures of them all and then when I see him next, I'll post pictures for all the people that like old military weapons here.

11. turkishwolf

Alright.
    I will wait pictures.
    I know few guns but i dont want to make comment without see these pictures.

12. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives. You are now living in the soil of a friendly country therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours. You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

- Beautiful.

13. turkishwolf

Yea CAC
    perfect...