Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help identify Grandmothers bar pin

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by miss-Shari, May 26, 2014.

1. miss-Shari

miss-Shari New Member

Please help me identify my Grandmother's pin. It is metal painted maroon, nothing on the back. My Dad was in the infantry in Italy in WWII and he gave me his medals along with this pin when I was 12, I wish I had asked more questions but he is gone now. All I know was it belonged to Grandma, they lived on a cattle ranch in West Virginia, they were Methodist. The pin could predate WWII or come after, it does feature a "V" so I thought it might be WWII-related. I would love to know what it is, I don't have many things from my Dad. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you! View attachment 20805

Attached Files:

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

It makes me think of a sweetheart brooch with the initials V.O. Could these initials have anyhting to do with your relatives?

3. miss-Shari

miss-Shari New Member

Hmmm my Grandma's name was Florence Belle McCullough née Hess and my Grandpa Luther William. I hope I can figure it out, thank you!

4. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

It looks like a lodge pin, Mason's, Odd Fellows etc. My guess would be not much later than Spanish American War or WW1 at the very latest.
    Is there a possibility to get a picture of the back?

5. green slime

green slime Member

DId they travel at all after the war?

To Norway, more specifically?

It sort of looks like a woman's brooch. The design and OV symbol leads me to think it might be unofficial Coronation memorablia of Kung Olav's crowning, in 1957.