Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help Identify

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by booterhouse, Nov 9, 2007.

1. booterhouse

booterhouse Member

I really need your help. Please help me identify these items. i want to sell on ebay. thanks

Attached Files:

2. Stevin

Stevin Ace

The first one obviously looks like a nzai flag. If original very interesting. The medals I recognize but can't name right now...I'll check my books on them. Carl would be able to tell you all about them anyway. The last pic looks like German currency to me, although kinda strange. Do you have a sharper pic?

3. booterhouse

booterhouse Member

Thank you so much for your quick reply and input. The Nazi flag is original and is a banner.Any idea how much it is worth? Very large/ long. I would love to get rid of it. I also have an original silk nazi flag. Looking at selling on Ebay but do not know how to post it. I will take new, clearer pics of the metal pieces. I have several pictures of ww2 Auschwitz, cologne, Paris that i will post to have have you good folks identify for me. thanks again

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks Stevin ;-))

Booter-from what I can tell here are what they are.

Pic 1) Yep, is a large an original and probably early 1930's manufactured banner. I see these going from about $300.00 to about $450.00 thanks to the internet ruining prices. If I had the money to spear, i'd buy the banner from you. It would go nicely along with one I have that was made somewhere between 1923 and 1925.

Pic 2) Ladies Patriotic Panties. No clue on value of patriotic items but, i'd think they could sell for around $50.00. Im not interested in this item but, Miguel (Za) might be. ;-))

Pic 3) Bronze War Service Cross 2nd class w/ Crossed swords. These still sell in the range of $40 - $55.00. I can't tell what the item is that has the black painted Swaz on it but it is something to do with the R.A.D. (Reichs Arbeits Dienst) Possibly it could be a RAD Officers visored cap insignia? $30.00. I can't tell at all what that item is that is in a cardboard holder. From what little I can see, it looks like a Swaz in a Cog-and if so, that's to do with the D.A.F. Possibly $15.00 - $20.00 for this item.

Upper right hand corner of pic 3 is an American decoration called: the Legion of Merit? I noticed in another picture of this award, that it comes with original presentation case as well as the full size ribbon bar and it's smaller Cousin-the Tie Clasp. I have no clue what this ensemble is worth as I only collect German stuff.

Pic 4) It is a WWII American 3? place Medal Bar. The left and cented medals look like Campaign Medals, and the last one (right) is a WWII Victory Medal. I don't know what these might sell for these days.

The items in the last pic:

The two buttons (white items) are American or Allied WWII Patriotic items. I don't know what these might sell for-for both, maybe $25.00??? The rest of the items look like some sort of metal tags, that possibly go on shipping crates or some sort of machinery? No clue as to their values. I can't at all tell what the last item is (the one in the cardboard holder) looks like it could be a small-sized Kriegsmarine I.D. Tag (made of Brass) but I think that one is still too small and is not a KM ID tag. If it were a KM ID tag, this piece might go for about $50.00?

I have only two ID tags in my collection of German stuff. One of them is made out of Aluminum, and if full-sized and was issued to a sailor serving in Wilhelmshaven. The 2nd one I have is the smaller type, made of Brass and was issued to a Hermann Rummelsberger.

Anyway, hope I was of some help for you?

5. booterhouse

booterhouse Member

Thank you so much for the detailed identification/evaluation. Wow. You guys really know your stuff! I'm going to post original pics of Dinah Shore w/ Bradely, Mickey Rooney and troups and other 'people' Maybe you guys can help identify where these photos would have been taken. thanks again

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Quite welcome and looking forward to seeing those photos.

7. Stevin

Stevin Ace

that last pic; might that be some post-war German occupation/ration coins/money? One says "Free Milk"....

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

what are the dimensions of the flag if I may ask ? in inches

9. booterhouse

booterhouse Member

The swastika flag is approx 48" X 108" (4 ft x (ft) and is made of cotton. I also have a silk one 3 ' x 5' also original

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Booterhouse,

Concerning the last picture with the coins: at least two of them seem to be currency from the THIRD REICH I see one 3 RM (Reichmark) and one 5RM . I will try to find out if they were regular coins our voucher money or even Pow camp money .

Besides, if you post the Paris + France pics I my be able to help further.