Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help identifying my grandfathers uniform - please

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Medals, Equipment and Clothing Of WWII' started by Jadyth, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Jadyth

Jadyth New Member

Hi, I've just joined in hopes of sharing a number of photographs that my grandfather took, but also to find out some information about him and where he served etc.
    My grandfathers name was William Herbert Richardson - light horse - WWII - I'm not sure what you call it, but "enlistment"? number is 2026463 - DOB.8 Nov 1913 , Smethwick, Staffordshire, England.
    I'm unsure whether he moved from England to Australia before or after he served, so I was hoping his uniform might give some information about that WilliamHerbertRichardson.jpg

Thank you all in advance, I look forward to sharing his album- is there a particular place i should up load these?

2. Owen

Owen O

Staffordshire Yeomanry

3. sonofacameron

sonofacameron Member

Found 2 possibles on Find my Past, William aged 38, a Welder, with Mrs I.M Richardson,32. Master B.W aged 8, MissP.I. aged 6. and Miss G.A. aged 4. Left Liverpool June 1951 for Sydney. They were living in Aston Birmingham, UK. The other family has D.O.B. of 1914.