Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help on find whereabouts

Discussion in 'Theaters of the Second World War' started by MHRBernards, Feb 3, 2022.

1. MHRBernards

MHRBernards New Member

I'm currently researching on the Orde Mulè battle, where my grandfather was made into a POW. They say Orde Mulè was some kind of fortification, overlooking a bridge over the Didesa river, Ethiopia (then Abyssinia), where a small garrison of both Italian and Colonial militia fought to the very end (the bridge, Ponte Del Greco, was destroyed).

What I need help for is to locate where the Orde Mulè fort once stood and/or where the aforementioned battle developed. Thanks for the help!

Mario / Brazil

Slipdigit likes this.
  2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

You may have trouble, I suspect that Orde Mulè translates at "Order of the Mule" and is a sarcastic term. Just my guess, of course. Have you contacted any Italian or Ethiopian historians?

3. MHRBernards

MHRBernards New Member

I just recently discovered he was held in the 351 and 359 camps via the GVA of the Red Cross, then I just made the proverbial additional internet research and found only two small texts on the Orde Mulè battle. I'm just starting to unravel the truth.

Orde Mulè appear to be a small skirmish (with a bloody end) during the Allied retaking of Ethiopia.