Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help to plan a trip to visit Normandy next summer

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Tana77, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Tana77

Tana77 New Member

Hi everyone!

Next summer I would like to visit Normandy ( for the first time) and I would like to ask you information about 2WW places to visit, museums, travel recommendations...

It was going to be a very emotional trip for me.... I know I'm going to cry a lot for all those heroes who sacrifice their lives for us, for bringing back peace and freedom for all of us in Europe...

Looking forward to receive your comments, ideas, recommendations...

2. Owen

Owen O

May I suggest you try and get a copy of this book.
    Walking D-Day

3. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

The places to visit are endless and your itinerary will obviously depend on how long your going to be in Normandy. If you are interested in particular aspects of the campaign then you will be able to narrow down what and where you want to see.

The official Normandy website gives some good suggestions for WW2 museums and other related places of interest.
    Sites and attractions - Normandy Tourism, France

As for travel recommendations, I always take my own car which means I can go wherever I want and spend as much time as I like in a location.

I'm going back to Normandy for a few days next month so keep a lookout on the forum for the 'after action report' of my trip.

4. Tana77

Tana77 New Member

Thanks Owen for your book suggestion, I'll take a look!
    Thanks Jagdpanther44 for your reply. I will wait for "after action report" of your trip, I'm sure it will be full of interesting information.
    I will stay only 3 days in Normandy, and don't know when I will come back again so I don't want to miss a thing! There are lots of military museums and I will love to visit all of them but that will be not possible in so many few days, that's why I'm looking for some advice... until then, I will wait for your "after action report"!