Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hey all

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by waffen, Apr 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. waffen

waffen recruit

Hey my name is Adam im 16 live in wales and I've always had a great interest in WW2 ever since i can remember probably dew to spending so much time with my grandparents whom are now 92 and both were massively effected by the war. The reason i have chosen my nickname is because i have a great interest in the Waffen SS. my hobbies are playing first person shooters on the pc over the internet with friends etc usually ww2 based ones. i also watch allot of documentaries oh and my dog buster. my father is half German and has many German relatives whom could have been evolved in the war on Germany's part but unfortunately i know nothing about them. my brother is half German (we have different fathers) and his Grandfather was in the Hitler youth and lost both of his parents in the war but im not entirely shore of the circumstances. anyways my grandfather joined the royal navy in his early 20's and was aboard the HMS Coventry (light cruiser) which was sunk on the 18th of may 1941 when she was attacked by a group of German Stuka bombers just off Tobruk when they were assisting in the evacuation of Crete. My Granddad earned decorations for bravery in saving a number of his trapped comrades from the sinking ship and helping wounded off the ship and on to life rafts etc he was then picked up out of the water by the HMS Whoolage (i think that's the name) two ships rescued survivors from the Coventry that day the HMS Zulu and the HMS Whoolage thankfully my grandfather wasn't picked up by the Zulu as it was sunk just hours after My Granddad does not consider himself a hero and he says he did what anyone would have done but either way i am so proud of him. sorry i have gone on a bit their but i have got allot more stories from my family to share. and sorry for my spelling and grammar

SMLE shooter likes this.
  2. SMLE shooter

SMLE shooter Member

Welcome to the forums.

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Howdy and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us. Happy posting.

4. WotNoChad?

WotNoChad? Member

Allo taff welcome to the forum

5. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Howdy Waffen, you certainly have an interesting lineage.

Jump on in and enjoy the banter.

6. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Hello Adam and welcome to this fine place! I hope you will be able to share more of your family's experiences with us!

Cheers!

7. jemimas_special2

jemimas_special2 Shepherd

Adam (waffen), pleasure to have you here. Have fun with this, it is a wonderful place to be!

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Welcome to this fine place, enjoy your stay with us , there is a lot to learn.