Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hey, Check out the website of the LST 660

Discussion in 'Land Warfare in the Pacific' started by XPhilX, Feb 9, 2006.

1. XPhilX

XPhilX recruit

Hi, if your into WWII naval history than check out www.xlsite.com/lst660/ I did not create the site but my grandfather served as a gunners mate on the 660. This site documents there travels through the south pacific (ship log/maps), plus which battles the 660 participated in, plus it has plenty of photos. It's all about keeping the memory alive.

2. bigiceman

bigiceman Member

Thanks for the link and congratulations on having a resourse like this to help keep your grandfather's memories alive.

3. XPhilX

XPhilX recruit

Hey, Thanks! If you or anybody reading this had family members who served in the Navy during WWII, there are plenty of resources on the net to find info on the ship that they served on. My favorite is www.navsource.org. If your interested in purchasing photograpghs of warships, than check out www.atlanticfleetsales.com www.usni.org www.navyshipphotos.com. I was lucky and found photos of my grandfather(s) ships for sale (both were in the Navy) as well as my uncle Genes ship the USS Helm DD388. Oh, my other grandfather served on the USS San Juan, here's there site www.cl54.com