Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hey There

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Nailbender, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Nailbender

Nailbender Member

Well I am not much on introductions but will give it a shot. I guess I am getting close to being a senior citizen. My working days were that of a carpenter in the building trades and a oiler in the Operating Engineers. I now find myself in front of this thing doing research mostly. Folks around here have gotten word that I can find things out about mostly anything ( I do not believe this ) and now here they come " What is this? , Where did my family come from? , How much is this worth? etc. " I do enjoy it but it does get overwelming at times.

I am recently widowed after 40 years with the Light of my life. Have 4 children, somewhere around 7 grandchilds. I am a Veteran, U.S.Army, Quartermaster. I have the deepest respect for those that went into war and heartfelt love for those that gave their lives for their Country.

I have a renewed interest in WW2. It started a little over a month ago when a neighbor asked me to come over. I did. He gave me this old trunk and told me to sell all this "crap" for him. I took it home and in the trunk is his Uncle's WW2 items. He was in the 101st Airborne / 1st Allied Airborne. Anywho I start out researching for values of the different items. Looked at the different sell-buy sites and then into forums. I had no idea of all the Military forums. I have everything about figured out but 1 thing and I will ask about this later.

My problem now after researching this man's belongings is when I look at that Ike jacket hanging there I invision a part of his life that I hold most respectful and I am going to sell it for his nephew. I am a bit torn on this but I will do it because I can't afford to buy them but I will make sure they go to someone that I feel has the respect for them as I do. I do not charge these folks for doing these projects, though they most all buy me a cup of coffee, breakfast and at times give me a few $.

Man have I gotten carried away here or what. Anywho I found this site during my research and though I have joined others I have a feel from this one that I like.
    Enough allready... bender

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Hello Nailbender. You and FramerT may have some common things to talk about, job wise. I also have been in your spot looking through military uniforms and personal effects from the war which sparked my interest. This is a good forum and you will learn alot as well as us learn from you. Welcome and happy posting. Salute!

3. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

Welcome!! as PzJgr said, you will learn much here (I have!) And I'm sure you will teach us well in, many ways.

Sounds like you have a lot of motivation to learn more, which is always the hardest thing.

Hope you like it here

4. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

You carpenters certainly do like your colourful usernames.

Welcome aboard Nailbender! :salute: Thanks for sharing a little of your background.

Hear, hear! I think you'll fit in here very well. Looking forward to your posts.

5. Nailbender

Nailbender Member

Thanks for the welcome folks. Kind of wondering around the forums now and forgot my manners.

6. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

And we got anotherone!! Welcome and enjoy!

7. zippo

zippo Member

Welcome from another FNG.:pipesmoke: