Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hi from Oxfordshire

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Vladd, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Vladd

Vladd Member

Just a quick Hello, My name is Paul and I am a 43 year old ex civil servant now house husband living in Oxfordshire although my roots are in the Northampton / Milton Keynes area. My user name of Vladd comes from my first journey on line when I signed up with Yahoo. My gf, now wife, suggested that as I worked for the tax office I should have a blood sucking vampire name and so Vladd Prince of Darkness was born. Over the years this has evolved to Vladd which is now my on line identity. My interest in WWII started with my Grandad who was in the 8th Army in Africa and Italy. I expanded on this with by reading Warlord and Commando comics, and years of watching old war films. Among my hobbies are wargaming, mainly WWII in Europe but also Fantasy, Sci Fi, Ancients, Napoleonic, the Old West, and recently Vietnam, sometime in the future we are planning to fight out The Alamo, it's just a case of getting the figures. I also play computer games, am a frustrated writer, and a sometime modeler, usually to use in wargaming. I used to be in the Sealed Knot (The English Civil War re-enactment society) in fact that is where I met my wife. Its strange that as most of the people I wargame with have Sealed Knot connections we don't fight out civil war battles more. Aside from WWII I also have an interest in the Vietnam War, I guess that me.

2. kes2007

kes2007 Member

hello paul ,my grandd served in africa and italy so maybe there paths crossed who knows !welcome to the forum

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member Patron  

Welcome to the forum Vladd. Hope to see more of you around.