Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hi!

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by RebeccaK, May 18, 2018.

1. RebeccaK

RebeccaK New Member

Hello!

My name is Rebecca and I'm here to find out more about my grandpa's service during WWII. His name was Virgil Howard Jones and he served in the 3rd Battalion HQ Co 320th Infantry Regiment 35th Infantry Division. I would love to connect with anyone who has an interest in his specific company...I have a lot of pictures he sent home during the war that I can share.

He rarely talked about his time in the army, and even then it would only be funny stories. I am very interested in learning more about his service, what kind of records I should research, anything and everything about his experiences really.

I've already learned a lot from the threads and look forward to learning and sharing more!

Rebecca

2. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Welcome the toe Forums Rebecca! It's great to have you here, and we can absolutely help you find out more information, and get you connections I'm sure.

3. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Welcome to the forum. Rich A. in Pa.

4. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

5. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Hello Rebecca and welcome. Here is a good place to start. Request Your Military Service Records Online, by Mail, or by Fax
    Be advised that many records were destroyed in the 1972 fire. Many vets were advised to put copies of their records in their county courthouse, so you can check there. Do you have any discharge documents for him?

By all means post the pictures in your possession. We'd love to see them and they might hold clues as to where he was and when. If there is any identifying information on the back,post that too.

You should look at this transcription for an idea of what the 320th did. 320th Infantry Regiment