Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hitler’s image on Croatian sugar packets

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by Kai-Petri, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The Simon Wiesenthal Center has asked Croatia to stop the distribution of sugar packets featuring Hitler’s image.

B92 - News - Globe - Hitler’s image on Croatian sugar packets

“This is not about someone spraying graffiti, this was printed in several thousand copies, for weeks, perhaps months, and no one reacted. Then Novi List journalists reacted. Then there was silence again, and then the Simon Wiesenthal Center issued a statement”, Puhovski said.

Puhovski said he hoped the company producing the sugar packets as well as those distributing them would be punished, adding that the main problem still remained with the public that “accepts anti-Semitism”.

2. Richard

Richard Expert

The cult of Hitler lives. :mad:

I find this sort of thing in poor taste and an insult.

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I just clicked on the link. You should read some of the comments after the article, some of them are qute interesting, others are not worht reading.

4. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

As I said before many times, Goebbels was the best man the III Reich ever had. His work still endures!

5. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

AGREED!

6. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

I have a friend with extensive, long term, and rather high level experience of Croatia.
    He tells me that when German troops were deployed there during the 1990's crisis he saw no shortage of the local population lining the streets and giving 'the old salute'. All to the excrutiating embarrasment of young German squaddies taking part in their countries first major active deployment since WW2...

Cheers,
    Adam.