Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hitler and freemasons?

Discussion in 'Massacres and Atrocities of the Second World War' started by Buford, Oct 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Buford

Buford New Member

via War44
    Why on earth did Hitler hate the Freemasons so much?

2. Buford

Buford New Member

via War44
    Hitler hated everyone. Poor man had such an inferiority complex, poisoned his relationships with everyone. Maybe it was the love and affection Masons have for one another.

3. SamIam

SamIam New Member

via War44
    I read somewhere that they were trying to protect the Jews and we know how Hitler would feel about that. Also they had ties to Christianity didnt they?

4. r2b2ct

r2b2ct New Member

via War44
    I'm not sure why Hitler in particular hated freemasons but I do know that totalitarians in general are opposed to freemasonry because of its secrecy and esotericism. These things are found as a threat by totalitarian governments who like complete knowledge and control over their citizens actions. The secrecy of freemasonry often provides people with a way to gather and express their dissapointments with the government. Italy and Japan in WWII, Iraq under Saddam, and I think every communist country also outlawed freemasonry.

5. Tag War44

Tag War44 New Member

via War44
    That is what I've heard too. It is possible that stemming from his hatred of Jews, Hitler hated the Freemasons, thinking that they were protecting them. Hitler hated anyone or anything that had connections to anything Jewish.