Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hitler and the Spear of Destiny

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Class of '42, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Like said Hitler was not the occultist but Himmler in his castle was it Wevelsburg. He had ceremonies and made ss people some kinda Magic aryan top persons ...

Poppy likes this.
  2. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

I read the book! Hitler's Holy Relics follows along the story of The Monument Men. If the spear worked, then the city it was stored in would not have been bombed. Anyway, it was symbolic and part of the colleciton of relics from the Holy Roman Empire. Post-war it was recovered and returned to the museum it was stolen from.

3. Class of '42

Class of '42 Active Member

Maybe that's where Hitler came up with the term 'the thousand year Reich"...he who controls the spear of destiny..will rule the world...Himmler was a nut case too.

4. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

1k years mercifully compressed to less than two decades. History tells us that if it had magic, the Austro-Hungarian Empire would still be around.

5. Christopher67

Christopher67 Member

Reminds me very much of Peter The Hermit rallying the Christian Crusaders at a low point during the First Crusade by "suddenly" uncovering and taking possession of "The Holy Lance".

What historical proof do we have that Christ died on The cross to begin with?

Standard Roman punishment for "treason" was "exposure to the beasts" in the Arena, or some other public punishment that would demonstrate to the people the futility of swimming against the Roman tide.
    Jerusalum had it's "circus", and a "colloseum", although it was not called that by contemporaries. Even the real "colloseum" was refered to as "The Flavian Ampitheater".

Why would such an important prisoner in Jerusalum have been crucified outside the city walls and away from the public eye?

6. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

Avoiding getting into religon, my concern would be the lack of provenance for the lance. Has anyone ever determine if that holy lance/spear head matches those wielded by Miles Urbanus or other members of his cohort? I thought the pilum was long, of soft iron and meant to bend so as to render the opponent's shield unwieldy. The Peter the Hermit vision that directed him to the spear head has as much credibilty as the watery tart lobbing scimitars at Arthur to cement his legitimacy to rule (with apologies to Dennis the peasant). It's (the lance and Peter the Homeless) as much faith based as other religious teachings.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Class of '42 and Christopher67 like this.
  7. Christopher67

Christopher67 Member

Indeed that was a killer line...the whole sketch in fact...

"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!
    Be quiet!
    I mean, if I went round saying I was an Emperor, just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Ahhh….comedians just don't write lines like that anymore, that satarize religion, politics, history and sacred cows all in one fell swoop!

Long live Terry Jones, and Micheal Palin for bringing mere words to life so believably!

O.M.A. and Riter like this.
  8. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

In numerous Hitler's monologues and remarks recorded in the book "Hitler's Table Talk" the words occult, mystic (and similar) never occur.

He never mentioned such subjects although it's hard to find a subject he never mentioned in his lengthy monologues.

belasar likes this.
  9. Takao

Takao Ace

Good thing you apologised...The rest of us know that Watery Tarts throw swords, but it is the Moistened Binks that lob scimitars.

10. Christopher67

Christopher67 Member

No, Hitler certainly made no mention...but Rudolf Hess was the Insider of the Third Reich inner circle that made the most noise publically about "new age" beliefs.

Himmler was more into reincarnation and all that "blood and soil' nonsense, but I don't think even he truly practiced it as Hess was prone to. Hess had astrological birth charts of other Nazi bigwigs, and must have consulted a spiritualist or two before his famous flight into Britain.....and what a real journey to nowhere it was for him.

I wonder whether Hess's own birthchart had any indication whatsoever that he would spend the rest of his life in a prison....

11. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

ha. good point.
    maybe he was trying to avoid his fate, and actually fulfilled it.

12. Christopher67

Christopher67 Member

You might be right, Poppy...

Who was it that said..."When God hath ordained an individual to die in a certain place, he causes that individual to be directed to that place..."

13. Class of '42

Class of '42 Active Member

Interesting point about Hess..that guy was an real odd duck..he didn't look like the perfect Aryan German but fulling his destiny thru the stars was perhaps fitting. ..I bet Martin Bormann was glad he was out of the way.

14. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

You guys are all wrong.

Christianity is the one true religion, and Jesus was Italian of Venetian blood. Obviously. The rest of the religions are all incorrect and if they even had souls they would burn in Hellfire. This is all pretty straightforward stuff, really. I can provide sources, but there are too many to choose from.

As for the Lance of Longinus, I have it on good authority the Otto owns at least one copy. He posted a picture of it once on his MySpace page. I think we can all solve this quickly if you just ask him for pics.

15. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

Some of my research:

Attached Files:

• SoD.jpg
      SoD.jpg
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
  16. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

I've a book upstairs, Hitler's Holy Relics, the covers the spear and crown jewels of the Holy Roman Empire. Spear didn't work b/c Germany got bombed.