Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hitler's 42 Failed Assassination Attempts!

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Spaniard, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

I have always wondered why the Allies never made an attempt on Hitler's life. How hard is it to selectively assassinate a specific individual, in Hitlers case he had Lady luck on his side. I have read many accounts some articles stating other amounts of total attempts, according to this site there were 17 planned attempts on Hitlers life.

Assassination Attempts on Hitler’s Life

I watch a detailed documentary called " Killing Hitler " This documentary reconstructed some of the plots. According to a documentary there were 42 plots against Hitlers Life.

Killing Hitler: Assassination attempts

42 times. including suicide bombers, shooting him, blowing him up, crashing his plane, making it look accidental and many more. His most Famous assassination attempt would be of Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg who's July 20th 1944 plot to kill Hitler failed when his bomb blew up. From what he saw, he was fully convinced that no one in the room could have survived. Although four people were killed and almost all survivors were injured, Hitler himself was shielded from the blast by the heavy, solid-oak conference table and was only slightly wounded.

There was 15 known German assassinations attempts, In 1944 OPERATION VALKYRIE (Unternehmen Walküre) was the most known.Colonel Claus Schenk Graf Von Stauffenberg who was responsible of carrying out both the assassination attempt and the Valkyrie Operations which did not succeed. He was executed among other senior officers for treason. He died at the age of 36.

WikiAnswers - How many assassination attempts did Hitler have on his life

National Geographic - 42 Ways to Kill Hitler in this link I belive you can Download

National Geographic - 42 Ways to Kill Hitler tag occ - Stagevu: Your View

or this one

National Geographic 42 Ways to Kill Hitler DVB XviD MP3 MVGroup org avi Torrent Download - AliveTorrents

2. Richard

Richard Expert

Far as I know there was only 15 known attemps.