Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Holocaust Course Cirriculum - Inquiry on Accuracy

Discussion in 'Concentration, Death Camps and Crimes Against Huma' started by John Marley, Feb 14, 2018.

1. John Marley

John Marley New Member

Hey there,
    I'm about half way through a holocaust studies class at my school, however I get the feeling the teacher is really ignorant.
    I definitely agree with her that the holocaust was an atrocity, however I get the feeling she thinks the topic is a cupcake, so she can pick off the cherries.

I suppose most of the facts are correct, however I just wanted an expert opinion to see if it is the whole story or just her picking and choosing. It's really annoying, because she is constantly contradicting herself, and it seems I'm the only person to notice. For example, she is making us watch holocaust movies (no, not documentaries. Hollywood movies...), and when I suggested that I could find her a proper documentary she replied "No thanks. I'm not looking for that sort of stuff." I can't stand brainwash, lies, and people taking advantage of ignorant people, especially on a subject so important.

If you wouldn't mind taking a look at some or all of the picture below and pointing out anything that stands out to you, that would be greatly appreciated. I will probably update this post to include anything else I am not sure with.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

Not all the pictures can fit, so here is the link to a second thread containing more photos: More pictures for previous post...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. toki2

toki2 Active Member

If you change your heading to something like 'Holocaust. Expert opinion required.' you are likely to attract the those with knowledge of the subject. Also, have you entered a search on this website to see previous discussions?

3. John Marley

John Marley New Member

Thanks. Ill change the topic name. The link leads to another page containing the rest of the photos, they didn't fit on this one.

4. John Marley

John Marley New Member

I can't find how to change the name?

5. lwd

lwd Ace

Ask a moderator to do it. You can use the report function to get their attention.

John Marley likes this.
  6. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Thread title edited. Good luck John!

John Marley likes this.
  7. toki2

toki2 Active Member

John, this is where your learning begins. There are lots of books, and online articles about the Holocaust and so many varied opinions on what happened, why it happened and who was to blame. You obviously care about the subject so you need to obtain more information to arm yourself for a debate.
    I can see no discrepancies in the teaching material that you have posted so far.

8. John Marley

John Marley New Member

Thanks for that. I do agree with you that the information given is correct, however my suspicion was that necessary information was left out. Do you think so?

9. green slime

green slime Member

What "necessary information" do you allude to?

It's a small part of a school class. It's going to be brief and to the point. Of course information has been left out. You want to be weighed down with scholarly articles squabbling over details? Thousands upon thousands of pages have been written on this topic. You've been given adequate information. Read reputable books (too much garbage produced by various fascists/neonazis). Then, if you want more, seek proper peer-reviewed historical articles. Checkout United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

It's like everything in life; you need to first understand the big picture, before you can grasp the nuances.

10. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

There is so much to understand about the Holocaust it's hard to know where to start. Do a Search on this website to begin to see its depth. As Green Slime says, begin to read reputable sources to fill in the gaps. Why Germany? Why the Jews? Why the Gypsies? Why the homosexuals? Why the mentally ill? There is much to know.