Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Holocaust Film with Alfred Hitchcock

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by Victor Gomez, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

If you have heard denials of the holocaust.
    If you think you have been discriminated against.
    If you think you have been reverse discriminated against.
    If you have sat silently while someone else says things to hurt another soul and you did nothing.
    If you have stood by inactively while some wrong has been perpetrated against some one in your environment.
    If you think our rights under the constitution only apply to "us" as Americans.
    If you think you live in a country and the taxes are just too high.
    If you think idle talk tearing down another's ethnic background is ok if they don't hear you.
    Then like me, you need to watch this film from the beginning to the end and just think about it. We have our veterans to thank for fighting against this......but many did not realize as they fought the depth of deplorable treatment until the news reels began to film what was found in the death camps. I am also keenly aware that similar sights could be found in the Pacific with our own soldiers..... made POW in the similar prison camps of the Japanese. I was always an admirer of the strange films made by Alfred Hitchcock and then began to understand a little bit about his knowledge of depicting horror as some of his lessons came from the things he covered for news reels.An Alfred Hitchcock documentary on the Nazi Holocaust

David Scott and TD-Tommy776 like this.
  2. David Scott

David Scott Member

Mr. Gomez:

This post and link engendered not a single response? Perhaps everyone is speechless.

Thank you so much for bringing this forgotten documentary to our attention. I also appreciated your sage commentary.

As is oft quoted: “Even God can’t change the past.” So sadly, true. But truly, this must never happen again. It’s contributions such as Hitchcock’s that will hopefully help fulfill that dictate.

Best regards,

Dave Scott

3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Thank you Victor for posting this. I must have missed it when it was originally posted. Thanks to Dave for posting to put it back in the queue.

This is so horrible that it almost seems imaginable that it could ever happen again. Yet, there's probably about 1/3 of the world population that wouldn't have a second thought if this did happen again. We need to avoid the arrogance of thinking that we, the human race, have advanced above this. What about the hundreds of thousands slaughtered in Rwanda? Darfur, Sudan? Somalia? Bosnia? Not to mention the potential for an attempted genocide in the Middle-East. Israel is surrounded by countries who have vowed to wipe them of the face of the earth.

It is definitely good to remind ourselves that we are not above repeating past evils.

We must never forget the "what" of the Holocaust. We must also never forget the "how & why" as well.

4. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

I do know we have had repetitions of the holocaust in various places and it troubles me that less and less attention is brought out if there is not a blockage of oil or threat to economies so I am thankful for those who read and view this post. It was a bit disheartening that there was no response....perhaps it will take a while and catch up. I know there is reluctance to study and view subject matter of the holocaust unless someone has had some kind of personal touch to the events. I hoped to bridge that somewhat with some thought of what created the mindset of Alfred Hitchcock who became legendary in his ability to use "horror" and his intimate knowledge of it to present in his films. If you watch his films you will sense this darkness if you are paying some attention. Thanks for noticing the post. We live in a great country...those of us here in the United States....and through our awareness we can be careful to keep it that way for those that come after us.

5. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

Words to live by Victor. Thanks for the thought provoking information. Thank Heavens our "Greatest Generation" hit World War II and most of (but sadly not all) the megalomaniac, totalitarian, hate mongering, jingoistic, devilish b@st**^s out of the park. I don't think we are doing enough to prevent them from raising their ugly heads again. Now that we are busy dealing with our attackers. Other unfortunate regions, mentioned by previous posters, are flying under the radar and genocide, in all its horror, continues.