Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Ron, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Ron

Ron Member

i was just posting in a feedback thread how i came to be a member of here and i just realized that that would be a cool topic!
    I found this site from a post in a fan site forum for the movie Pearl Harbor. That was just about 2 years ago.

SOOooo How did you guys find out about this place?...and maybe how long have you been a member?...(even if it was just one day) ;) heh

2. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

One of the brass got me onto the site-Carl Evans of course. I signed on as Panzerjager, but that soon lucked out as my password got displaced, so in stead of showing up as an early member-i show up as member #150, but i have had my old posts added so-im happy, and i have been able to watch this forum grow-and i have met some truly interesting people...

3. Stevin

Stevin Ace

I haven't been spamming these forums for such a long time, but I really can't remember how I got here. I think I must have surfed in here when I was looking for something through a search-engine. Then I saw Erich B's posts, who I know from other forums and who has been helping me BIG TIME with my research.

Ever since I have found a welcoming 'home' here.

4. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I came across this site when I was doing research on my grandfather's role in the war. Member #67 for about one year. Have been coming back ever since. I have received more valuable information here than any other site. Thanks to all. [​IMG]

5. Stevin

Stevin Ace

PzJgr, Your grandfather's story sounds very interesting. Being interested in foreign volunteers. Do you think we can look forward to some fruits of your research in the future?

6. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I am discovering interesting tidbits here and there. I recently found a book at the bookstore about the SS and discovered that there were some foreign officers assigned to Aryan Waffen SS divisions (1-12). Two of them were Spanish. I was just skimming. I did not buy it at that time because I did not have money and was going to buy it the next day. When I went back, it was gone. :mad: I do not remember the name but have been looking for it. I know my grandfather did not serve in any freiwilligen divisions. I think it may be because he was an early volunteer (1940). Still looking. Because of the odd situation, it is like looking for that needle in the haystack.

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Guys :

I came on a little over a year ago due to the kind thoughts and efforts of friend Carl Evans, as we had been discussing the problems of another forum we both had been active on. I check these forums every time I rise out of bed if I'm not on the job at 5 a.m. /....... yawn , zzzzzzzzz.....
    PzJgr, keep searching, something will come up do to your hard work. Don't get too frustrated as it does take time. And that is quite ok as it is more fun to dig.

E

8. Doc Raider

Doc Raider Member

My buddy William told me about it and I kinda got hooked. I've learnded so dern much!

9. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

To tell the truth, I'd always had this idea of internet forums being full of sad weirdos and geeks ( OK,OK, I know that includes me! ) [​IMG]
    But I saw this forum recommended on Sommecourt's 'Battlefields' website, I respect his recommendations...the rest, as they say, is history!

10. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

How the hell did I get here? I do not have any idea? I had just started getting on line in December last year. This is too new for me! Then I found myself in this forum. I thought: What the hell is a forum? But I read some interesting things here. And now I am bloody adicted to it. I can get frustrated if I miss something or if someone does not respond my posts... I actually check it before my e-mail... :D :D

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Me?, I stumbled into this site back in 2000. I was finished answering emails and looking at all the sites I usually looked at--it was cold and dark outside and I had nothinbg to do, so I typed in world war 2 frums in a search engine and came across this site. I immediately liked the site. I also quickly posted about 10 or so postings (just so I could "earn" my first "award" ;) Since then--ive been hooked--like a fish on a line. :D

12. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

I am not to sure how i got here, but i think it was through a link, possibly at Acthung Panzer. Whatever it was, i'm grateful. This is one of 3 sites that i visit at least once every day.

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

And greatful for your visits Bish, I now present you (on epaper, that is) an Order of the British Empire. :D

14. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

Interesting! What goes for Bish goes for me too, and the only other two sites I check daily (when I can) are my email server and another forum! [​IMG]

15. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

Thank you Carl. :D

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hello Andreas, and I think you deserve the: "Pour Le Merite" I would say Ritterkreuze but, I dont want you to get in anykind of trouble if any authorities are watching your postings. Included with that I think you should have a "City Of Bonn" Hanseatic Cross. I know they doint exist but ;)

Bish--your welcome.

[ 02 July 2002, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

17. Langemann

Langemann Member

The efforts of Modus and Panzergrenadiere brought me to these forums just a few short months ago. I'm glad they did, as it is one of the most intellectual and most civilized forums I've been to!

Kudos guys!

Langemann

18. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

I have noticed that-we talk very civilized here and always clear up any troubles straight away. We also have a very diverse forum going on, and many topics spring up-which is excellent to see... :D

19. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

I agree. I'm sure that despite the interest we all share, we all have views and opionions that differ from others. This could be scope for heated debate which can lead to insults flying around. But we seem to be able to avoid this on here. The main reason for this i think is that we all respect each others views. Something a few other sites could learn from.

20. Steve

Steve Member

I found this about 6 months or so while I was doing some research on the "West Loch Headquarters Annex" which is one of the ammo dumps at Pearl. Now I cant stop myself. I'm addicted.