Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

How do I prevent "loaned" divisions?

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Bsharp, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Bsharp

Bsharp recruit

I'm playing DD (CORE 3.2) as France. It's 1941 and Britain and India are loaning me dozens of divisions in Africa and India. It seems that my scarce supplies and TC are being used to support these guys. I give them back, but every day it starts all over again. Is there any way to prevent these guys from loaning me forces?

2. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Declare war on them.

3. Bsharp

Bsharp recruit

I can't declare war on them because we are part of the same military alliance. I can't leave the alliance because we are at war (with Germany, Japan, etc). I tried taking military control of India, and it STILL gives me the divisions every day, plus whatever orders I gave them are lost.

4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Divisions only pull supplies from whatever country they are in. Not sure if this is changed in the CORE mod though.

5. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

You have an option on your diplomacy menu that says "turn on/off expeditionary forces"
    you activate it.

Cheers...

6. Bsharp

Bsharp recruit

I don't see any such option... Are you sure it's not an Armageddon feature? I'm playing Doomsday.

That's what I've read, but I've tested this several times and it makes about a 25 point difference in my TC usage if I give these divisions back or not. That's about 10% of my TC right now and I'm at max usage even without these guys. I'm just really tired of clicking through 25+ divisions every 24 hours just to give them back and keep my guys in supply.

7. Joe

Joe Ace

In the diplomacy section there is ( I think) something called "Expeditionary forces", click on it, and you can tel lthem you do not want them. You can turn them back on later.