Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

How i nearly killed(or at least severly injured) Gunther Rall (true story)

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Carl G. E. von Mannerheim, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim Ace

Forgot about this until earlier today. 2 years ago, when my dad and i where at oshkosh (biggest airshow in N. America) we were in one of the pavilions. They had a section with 1500-10000 dollar paintings. Me in my younger naivity wandered in to that section. I didnt notice it, but the man standing at one of the tables there had a plaque in front of him and he was signing autographs. As i was backing up i came from within about 5 inches of knocking a huge painting,with a solid gold frame, onto the ace. Luckily for me, i stepped 4ward b4 it was too late. My da saw the whole thing, and was about half a second away from grabbing me. As we were walking out he told me who the man i nearly knocked out was, a name i had only read of in books, Gunther Rall.

2. dasreich

dasreich Member

Wow! You had the oportunity and blew it...Ive been trying to kill the guy for years! :D

3. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Bad boy! :mad: I think Otto will expel you from the forum if you killed a veteran!!! :mad:

We are stupids, Das Reich, aren't we? :D

4. dasreich

dasreich Member

But of course, Friedrich!
    Besides, I planned it to look like an accident... :D

In all seriousness though, Carl, your story shows how lucky you are. That could have been a serious disaster, but fortunately you didnt crush one of Germanys greatest fliers! (And destroy an expensive painting)

5. Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim Ace

Hey im gonna buy his book, a way of 'making up' for his near fatal wounding at the hands of yours truly.