Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

How is Empire Total War at current patch?

Discussion in 'Other WarGames' started by Paulverisor64, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Paulverisor64

Paulverisor64 Member

I've been away from gaming for a while, and have been taking advantage of Norhern Michigan's good weather months.

I would like to get back into Empire Total War, but I'm curious how well this game play's out now compared to when it was released?

I read a forum that lists some of the patch updates.

The thing that immediately catches my eye is that the AI now will do Naval invasions. On one hand I am happy that the island territories are not given a guarantee of protection. On the other hand I am hoping that the AI won't cart over units in piecemeal order (such as Age of Empires). I'm also hoping that countries that didn't historically use a navy won't entirely flip their focus. Has anyone had any 1sthand knowledge of how well this works?

Another thing I read is that the diplomacy options and balance have improved. That also would be a welcome improvement.

I'm also hoping that the stability of the game has improved. I hated the campaign ending bugs. Of course I will be getting a computer upgrade soon so perhaps this will be more compatible anyways.

I'm not looking forward to the bad weather but I am looking forward to catching up with some of you again.

2. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

You aren't out of the loop very much. They just updated pretty recently. I haven't played yet, either.