Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hunting Hitler - Sky TV Series

Discussion in 'Post War 1945-1955' started by Javey74, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Javey74

Javey74 Member

Has anyone been watching Season 2 of "Hunting Hitler".

I must admit the first series made me think, this one has got me enthralled. If any of this did happen all of the history books would have to be altered and then added to. The evidence seems to be getting stronger and stronger with every episode with new declassified FBI and CIA Files using a professional search team to check out the evidence.

[​IMG]

So Hitler lived on after the war ended using the "Nazi Rat Run" to get to Argentina. Apparently dying in 1962 aged 73.

Buten42 likes this.
  2. Takao

Takao Ace

Does the DVD come with a "barf bag"? If it does not, it should.

If these are the same guys I am thinking of, they have been thoroughly debunked on this forum and on others.

machine shop tom likes this.
  3. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Interesting, yes. Baloney, yes.

Otto and machine shop tom like this.
  4. Javey74

Javey74 Member

It does seem hard to be true, but why so many FBI and CIA documents which are authenticated as real, plus lots of eye witness accounts.

I find the main trouble which would have stopped all of this was letting the British or the Americans capture Berlin and not the Russians. They could not be trusted with their explanations or evidence!

Lets face it WW2 ended on the 8th of May and the Cold War started on the 9th.

5. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Those documents are proof that there were inquiries and investigations into the possibility by those organizations.

6. Fush Yumeng

Fush Yumeng New Member

He died in Berlin. Hitler's dentist was captured after the war by the Americans. Two of his dental techs were captured by the Russians. Each independently reconstructed the details of Hitler's dental work from memory. Their reconstructions meshed completely, and they fit with the details of the dental work on the jaw fragments attributed to Hitler AND to the skull X-rays taken of him by his doctor after the July 20 bomb attempt. Bottom line, there is solid forensic proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Hitler died in Berlin. For a detailed account of the forensic exam go to http://www.nl-aid.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Sognnaes.pdf

7. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I've caught portions, watched a few minutes, then looked for something less silly.

There is no doubt that in the Spring of 1945 Nazis were running in every direction and using any method they could think of to evade detection, and South America was the destination for many of them. There were large sympathetic German populations in a number of those countries and many of them made it there. The enormous gaping chasm in the logic of that TV show is equating evidence of that very real exodus of (hundreds?) of people, to Hitler himself.

Most of those "Hitlers" were just nameless SS drones or party members that took whatever stolen loot they had and fled in the chaos of crumbling Germany. They left their names behind and likely most of them weren't even being looked for by allied governments rounding up Nazi officials.

8. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Adolf's breathing status summarised perfectly effectively, May '45 onwards:

9. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Series like these are what renders regular "cable" television so obsolete. Lack of originality and strict parameters to content.

10. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Utter BS in a nut shell. Like most of History's speculative program's, long on wild speculation and very short on verifiable fact propped up with dodgy logic.

11. Javey74

Javey74 Member

Well viewers I would like to overturn my original post right at the beginning now that Season 3 of "Hunting Hitler" is currently showing.

I've see every episode of 'Hunting Hitler' right from Season 1, and at first I was intrigued by what I was seeing and hearing, but after a lot of reading, studying and other factual documentaries I realised that this documentary should be called 'Hunting Hitler's Henchmen' not 'Hunting Hitler'.

The only factuality with this programme is that high ranking Nazi's did escape to South America on the Ratlines with the majority given false names and papers by Catholic Priests in Rome. To me it's more about proving the escape routes of the likes of Adolf Eichmann and Josef Mengele, etc. Not Hitler! There's enough factual evidence that he died in the Fuhrerbunker in Berlin.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but even the production team seem to be changing their minds, as Season 3 they are focusing more on the escape routes of these high ranking Nazis, rather than Hitler himself, unlike Season 1 and 2.

There are other flaws as well, There was an episode where it showed James Holland, who I admire greatly and his associate Tim Kennedy, near the area of Hitler's Berghof, when it was suddenly revealed that they had just discovered a vast tunnel complex that stretched for miles underground, yet a few years ago one of the Nazi Megastructures regarding the Eagles Nest with James Holland also covered these same tunnels that went for miles in and around the area, which included the Berghof.

Which posed the question, did James have to pretend he did not know about these tunnels for the latest series of 'Hunting Hitler'?

I've sent James a few messages on FB Messenger and Twitter regarding this query, but I'm still awaiting a reply.

So now I'm watching this documentary solely in my own mind as "Hunting Hitler's Henchmen", trying to learn how the ones that survived [not Hitler] escaped to South America!

12. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Spoiler alert: they still haven't found him yet.

They are. This is the "Grey Wolf" pair of expert historians/stellar journalists. But I must admit: I am happy to see they're much better businessmen, since they managed to sell a crock of total BS to multiple TV networks.

13. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

I like your silver linings approach.:)

14. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I saw their book just a few days ago in what I guess is a reputable bookseller, Barnes and Noble. Amazing that they carry such dreck.

George Patton likes this.
  15. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

I was in a bookstore shortly after it was released and saw a copy on the "new" shelf. I was going to buy it for the novelty until I saw the price -- 48 bucks Canadian! The laughter wasn't worth the ticket price in my opinion so I passed on it.

16. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Mystery of Oak Island is another of the "Digging deeper and finding less" genre.
    I am of the opinion that if any of these shows found anything we'd know about it; then I'd watch the show.

17. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

LA to Vegas is much better.

18. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I prefer "Top Gear" and Now "Gran Tour".....still contrives, but, at least they talk funny and make me laugh

19. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Wait, Hitler died? I didn't know he was sick!

green slime likes this.
  20. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Didn't you read the book, "Killing Hitler?"

formerjughead likes this.