Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I am a hunter.................

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by C.Evans, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Greg

Greg Member

Carl you bet thats me! The panty hose didn't slow me down a bit!!! :eek: :D :D :D ;)

2. mott5ranch

mott5ranch Member

Be careful Greg you could go from this.......
    ....... :D ;)

[​IMG]

3. mott5ranch

mott5ranch Member

To this.......... :eek: :(
    [​IMG]

4. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

WOW! He looks quite good as an artillery major!!! (I think...)

Nice photograph! I should post my picture as an Oberstleutnant, with a nice RK mit Eichenlaub and a tongue piercing! ;) (well, I do not have it anymore but I could pierce it again!) Not really, it hurts a lot... :D

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Greg--glad to see you got your Purple Heart--was it because of trying to teach Garys son how to shoot an arrow? :D Doesnt he look the snotty officer type? :D

Gary--glad you have another "award"

For those who arent knowledgable, this is a Tailor Made 1939 Heer Artillery Officers tunic made of doe-skin material. The tailor was Franz Teufel of Duisburg. The Peaked visor is also made of doe-skin material. Even though they match--the tunic and peaked visor were separate purchases.

In the second buttonhole in the tunic--you see two ribbons. The ribbon in front is the ribbon for the ww1 Iron Cross 2nd class, the ribbon in back is for the 41-42 Russian Front Medal (Frozen Meat Medal) The Eagle device you see on the 1914 EK2 ribbon is a 1939 ek2 spange. This means he was awarded the EK2 in both wars. The eagle (spange) is made of pure silver.

Over the left pocket--you see an 8 place ww1-ww2 ribbon bar. The ribbon bar also has a 1914 ek2 award with 1939 ek2 spange.

On the pocket of the tunic is Garys Iron Cross 1st class 1914 with the 1939 Spange. This means he was awarded the Iron Cross 1st class in both wars as well.

The ribbon bar shows 1914 ek2 w-39 spange, I cant remember what the second decoration is but is an award from Prussia or Bavaria, next is 1914-1918 War Cross of Honor w/ Crossed Swords(For frontline Fighters) also known as the Hindenburg Cross, 41-42 Frozen Meat Medal, two Wehrmacht Long Service awards, West Wall Medal, and the last is a Kingdom of Saxony award w/ crossed swords. The soldier was heavily decorated in both wars.

If he were to be decorated one more time and this was before 1942--he would have been awarded the Knights Cross to the Iron Cross.

[ 28 September 2002, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

6. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Pretty good, Carl! I do learn a lot with posts like that! ;) Some year ago I didn't know what was an EKII Spange... I just thought it was a nice NSDAP silver eagle.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ewwwww a NSDAP award on an ARMY tunic--never! :mad: ;) [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thats what I hope we all do is learn--from these pictures.

Now if we can find someone who can post a picture of the: "Laureda San Fernando" which was in ww2--Spains Highest Award.