Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

i had never seen these before...

Discussion in 'Concentration, Death Camps and Crimes Against Huma' started by denny, Nov 3, 2015.

1. denny

denny Member

This is rather haunting.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amRrFQjer6E

2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

The phrase, The Banality of Evil" comes to mind.

3. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Haunting indeed denny. I have never seen them before either. I assume they are on Display in D.C. Extremely sickening seeing the joy in their faces. And to have been able to coordinate the time tables, being that the pictures were taken when Auschwitz-Birkenau was at its most lethal. Sick to my stomach.

4. Takao

Takao Ace

5. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I've seen them before, but they still give me chills. I always imagine dour people in charge of these camps. It's hard to imagine that they were people who enjoyed their time off. Somehow, this makes what they were involved in all the more heinous. Banality of evil describes it perfectly.

6. denny

denny Member

Not implying this is "new".....i think they came to light bin 2006.?
    Recent, at any rate, and the first time for me seeing them.

Timely, as I just watched Monika, the daughter of Amon Goeth, tell HER story.
    Kind of "funny" that her daughter is very dark skinned, as Monika was involved with a man from Africa and she became pregnant by him.
    Her father, Amon, must be retching in his grave. Perhaps there is a God.....

I guess you could argue that ANY person working at one of those camps was sick, but I believe Amon Goeth was actually, clinically, mentally disturbed.....even by NAZI standards.

7. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

if you ever read up on serial killers, they are shown to be quite ''normal''....when they give detailed accounts of their murders, they seem as if they are just talking about going out to get the morning paper......as these '''workers'' at the death camps are ''normal'' ....I guess we are haunted, it is chilling, because some humans do what are the most horrible things to other humans, and they are just doing what some humans have done since we became human-murder, rape, rob, kill, etc...what we find unimaginable, humans are doing it...genocide has happened long before WW2 and has many times after.....a human ''trait''??