Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I know its not ww2, but....

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by C.Evans, Apr 24, 2002.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Black Hawk Down is now at the Dollar cinema, and I will be watching it a few more times--in case somone wants to know something specific about the film.

2. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Dear Carl-you have the answer for everything else-so here is something to test you. 2 characters in the movie-one-Sgt 'Hoot'-atrociously portrayed by Eric Bana- was in fact based on a real person-as was 'Grimesy'-played by Ewan McGregor-why then-did they not just include the real characters names.
    My view is that these men didnt give their royalties to Jerry Bruckheimer or James Cameron-would this be the case???

Also, the credits are wrong. It credits 19 American soldiers as being killed, whereas Sgt Matt Rierson, a Delta Force 'operator' was killed on October 5, 1993 during a mortar attack on the Task Force Ranger base. However, he should receive credit for he was very brave during the October 3rd disaster.

I would also like to express thanks for the American government's willingness to pause momentarily yesterday for our sacred day, Anzac Day.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thats a good one my friend--I have no clue who these actors are--unless they were the ones who played the Delta Force guys? as for reasone not to include the real mens names--most likely its a bruckheimer idea--look at what he did to Pearl Harbor...all the American Fighter Pilots were then used as Mitchell Bomber pilots on the Doolittle Tokyo Raids. No PH Fighter Pilot was on the Doolittle Raid--and especially as a Mitchell bomber pilot to boot.

At any rate--i will go see that movie again either this afternoon or tomorrow sometime and will see if I can spot the ones you mention.