Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I Really Need Some Help!

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Brayden Allen, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

I just really need some serious help right now! I'm at point where i'm beginning to doubt what my future career should be. I'm beginning to believe that filmmaking may not be right for me. I want to find something where I can do work that is built around my passions which I have discovered are Sports & History. I don't want to get away from these because I have my most knowledge in these two topics and have always enjoyed doing things with these industries. I am struggling with find a career where I do something related to at least one of these.

Some of the things I have though about are working for an athletic department doing video, which I know I would love to do but I don't know how to get into it. I've also thought about working for like a history museum or something related but I really just don't know.

I'm also struggling with if I should creating my own business or work for one. I just really struggling right now and just need some advice on how I could find something. To be honest i'm kind of worried about the future because I don't know what to do. I just need some help.

2. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

Professor? Author? Independent documentary maker? One could be a profession and the other a hobby... Don't get too hung up on which and what. Volunteer at a few places if you can. During your lifetime, you will probably change careers several times.... If one doesn't work for you, you can always change gears.

JJWilson likes this.
  3. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Great Wisdom KMZ........

4. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Well I have gotten some advice from my parents. They told me should learn like a side job, like a trade that I could do while i'm in college. I'm beginning to understand why they told me that. I've had some ideas about what I could do but i'm just not sure. I've though about doing photography, and some graphic design, and maybe some early stages of videography and filmmaking, because that's actually what im going to school for.

5. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

I would not start your own company before holding a job in the industry. Work in-industry for a few years, see what you learn and how good you are, identify deficiencies in the industry-standard business model OR identify gaps in the services offered by the standard business in the industry, and then use that knowledge to branch out on your own.

6. lwd

lwd Ace

The real-estate agent who sold me my home also had a job at a normal business. She couldn't qualify for a mortgage of her own because her income was so variable. Likewise a lady my wife worked for who wrote instruction manuals for automotive companies also worked at one of the big box stores. She needed the health insurance as well as the steady income. The side job idea is a very good one. If you get one that's related to the film industry be careful of what you sign in the way of intellectual property rights.