Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I think white people got a little scared and voted...

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Ben Dover, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Takao

Takao Ace

Glad to see that you admit to that. I was wondering why you had only mentioned the Democrat "wrong", while you ignored the Republican "wrong."

Regretfully you are incorrect. The voter fraud numbers are infinitesimally small.

Edit - You want the real reason for Voter ID laws, well, here you go. From the mouth of, then, Republican leader of Pennsylvania's House of Representatives, Mike Turzai, in 2012 said.

Thankfully, that law was struck down by our state court.

2. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

The only way to prevent fraud is IDs;no IDs means the possibility of mass fraud .

3. Takao

Takao Ace

What fantasy world are you living in? Ever heard of fake IDs? Guess not.

There is no "only" way to prevent voter fraud...

You can have the ID of a dead person, and if the voter roll is not kept current, and the dead person taken off the voter roll, that dead person can still vote. Take the time, money, and effort put into voter ID laws, and put that into keeping the voter rolls current, and properly staffing polling places. You'll get far better results...But, the "disenfranchised" will still have an equal opportunity to vote.

4. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

In Angelina county (Texas) there were 86 voters;the result was :Kennedy 147,Nixon 24 .

In Illinois Nixon won in 92 counties, but Daley held back the Chicago results till wednesday and till they gave Kennedy an advance of 450000 votes enough to give him the EV of Illinois .

MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell conceded last week that the 1960 election was stolen .

Conclusion : there was mass fraud in 1960 .

650 persons were charged, but due to political interventions only 3 were condemned .

5. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

I see : you are unaware that ID's have pictures .

6. lwd

lwd Ace

No one here stated it but t's been a common claim for decades and usually comes up as part of such discussions. So no strawman. There's also the question of why worry about it if it's not changing outcomes? Then of course you came up with this which rather implies the above:

??? Your point is? In case you aren't aware pictures are easy to fake and aren't always examined very closely in any case.

7. denny

denny Member

I think white people got a little scared and voted...

I think they.....Got A LOT scared and voted. :)
    Look at a Drump Rally.....a virtual Sea Of White Faces.
    Face it white guys.....your day in the sun will soon be over. We will not be the National Majority for much longer.
    We should have heeded the age old wisdom of:
    "Careful how you treat people on your way up, because you will have to face all of them again on your way back down."
    We have tried to rule and conquer and slaughter all over the globe. People are onto that trick now. You better be a "little" scared. :)

8. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

Yeah, I didn't see many white guys behind Hillary Clinton on the campaign, I'm not even American and that scared me.
    That said, I saw a lot of sexy looking girls, so, it was fun to watch, though scary,
    But then, IDK, Trump also had his fair share of Babeage/Sexy girls, so, it was kinda even, but, more often than not, Hillary Clinton's supporters were like eye candy to me.

I think, however, I've developed a crush on Sarah Palin, tbh, this week, and... I didn't see that coming; I was thinking about that woman the other day, she is smokin'

denny likes this.
  9. lwd

lwd Ace

News flash ... We haven't been for some time.

The thing I still have a hard time understanding about the vote for Trump is why anyone with any real knowledge of his history felt like they could trust anything he said/says. He may have addressed some issue that concerned a lot of people but will he really do anything about them? Now I can see voting for him because one didn't want to see Hillary president (visa versa make sense as well).

10. denny

denny Member

Oh...OK. Guess i am behind the times.
    I thought "white people" were still the majority of eligible voters.
    I bow to your knowledge sir. :)

11. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Why did I suspect you would neither read nor absorb my reply?

No, there were considerably more than "86" voters in Angelina County Texas. It was bigger than Fannin County by one-third. That was the result from a single voting precinct in Angelina. And, just as in Fannin, "86" was the number of voters who paid the poll tax, not the number of registered voters in the precinct, which should be obvious given that the population was 39,814 and there were at most 42 voting precincts...

12. RichTO90

Uh, no, 72.4% self-identified as "white only" in the 2010 census. Which makes "scared white males" a significant minority of much less than 35%, while still leaving a "white" majority in the country.

13. lwd

lwd Ace

Well when I said we I was thinking "white males" as opposed to "scared white males" the latter being a subset and I suspect a minority of the former. Even the former though as you indicate is no where near a majority.

14. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

The left is using their usual twaddle about racism to scare the stupid.

It isn't really about "white guys," it's about a dwindling blue collar class that are under direct attack by the left. When people like Hillary brag about eliminating all those coal mining jobs, she forgets that those are real people. Those jobs provide money for an entire region, an entire economy based on that money, cheap energy for millions based on that profession. And a lot of people like myself can see the hollow lie she touts about all the new "clean energy" jobs she'll create to replace that. Obama has singing that song for 8 years and what do we have to show for it? We see billions in subsidies to corporate cronies who produce energy at twice the cost and produce almost no jobs. Those people displaced by that stupidity are angry, and being white has nothing to do with it. The left is creating a class war, and blue collar workers have been the losers for 8 years.

Trump isn't going to bring back the days when American was an industrial giant either. That's over. We can't compete with an emerging third world that can ignore the environment and pay workers a dollar an hour. Yet, any common sense Republican administration can at least stop the bleeding and eliminate the worst excesses of an ideology that has regulated and taxed viable industries out of the country.

15. lwd

lwd Ace

I'm not so sure of that. From what I've read and seen it's not that we can't compete but we have to compete to keep any of those jobs. There are sections of the steel and auto industry for example that do very well here. Even some of the jobs that were outsourced to Mexico for instance have moved back here in recent years. Businesses have to be smart and reactive (or perhaps proactive) in todays environment. The days when the Big Three, for instance, can pretty much ignore the rest of the world are gone but that doesn't mean that they can't compete and do so successfully. Ideologues on all sides are more a part of the problem than the cure though.

16. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

Wrong : the poll tax "hurted " only 24 % of the voters and here we have 86 who paid the poll tax and 85 who were exempted. 24 % of 171 is not 85 .

Besides , it is irrelevant if it was a precinct or a county . Relevant is that suddenly the number of voters doubled, while,when the poll tax was abolished, the number of voters was going up by 24 %, not by 100 % .
    If there were 171 voters, the poll tax applied only to 42 not to 85 .

This proves that the Johnson machine had organized mass fraud in Texas, as did the Daley machine in Illinois .

In 1948,Johnson became senator by an organized fraud in the Democratic primaries (Means of Ascent, by Robert Caro ) .

It is today very simple to prevent such fraud,but the Democrats are opposing the needed measures,they prefer the ld system where you can vote without proving your identity,something which causes fraud .

17. denny

denny Member

Well....... :)
    1. Hillary is definitely NOT Of The Left.
    2. Stand by and assist "Third World" workers. Make sure we do what we can so they have rising wages. THAT helps all of us, except The Super Minority.
    3. STOP supporting any and all efforts that Hinder/Prohibit Union Organizing here and abroad. It is corrupt and needs to stop. To quote some rather famous "economists" on The Right.....A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats
    4. The Military is a Giant Parasite. Re purpose THAT Budget and make The Pentagon succumb to rule of law. Lets See that Budget dudes.....ALL OF IT...NOW...!!
    There are all kinds of ways to "compete". :)

18. lwd

lwd Ace

Thus making my point about ideologues.

19. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

The near future will make most of these arguments redundant...I must say I don't like all this "black man white man" BS...the best man (or woman) will get the job...ANYBODY wanting to be successful in the future needs to get with the program, their success or lack of wont be due to their genes but their abilities...if ANYBODY thinks the world is going to fall in their laps because of the colour of their skin , they are going to get a rude shock...

20. RichTO90

Why do you have "hurted" in quotes? Are you now insinuating that the poll tax did not "hurt" anyone? If so, then may I assure you have just how pathetically wrong you are...at least insofar as the U.S. Supreme Court judged in Harper v. Virginia State Board of Elections. They found "a state violates the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution whenever it makes the affluence of the voter or payment of any fee an electoral standard. Voter qualifications have no relation to wealth." In other words, by denying equal protection they have "hurted" voters.

Never mind of course that I said squat all about whether or not the poll tax "hurted" anyone. You've simply fallen back on your usual tactic of straw men, non sequitur, and illogical conclusions. Whether or not a poll tax "hurted" anyone in States which levied it, it did have an effect on voting and polling statistics. Pre-1940 when poll taxes were in place the U.S. average for voting was 64%...in poll tax states it was about 22%.

Your statistic - from where did you get it pray tell?

Damn, but you're slow. The population of Angelina County was 39,000. If the bare minimum of 22% voted, then 8,580 voters. In 42 precincts. 204. So using your same numbers and "averaging" methodology, only 84% of the expected number voted.

No, it only "proves" your inability to reason logically and understand what constitutes actual "proof"...as if we need an additional proof of that. You may be able to "prove" "mass fraud" if you research the actual precinct rolls for a statistically significant sample of votes and voters and find evidence of actual fraud rather than the clerical error which is the norm.

Knock yourself out, but until you do, stop inventing proof where there is only speculation.

BTW, the Texas poll tax exemption included all those over the age of 60 and those who became 21 after the beginning of the tax year but before the election, as well as all military veterans who served in World War II and Korea.

Which has what relevance to the 1960 election?

No, it is not simple to prevent such fraud, but I have a great bridge to sell you; you sound gullible enough to buy it. Even worse, like all those so certain that voter ID's will "prevent such fraud" you are completely clueless that the most common forms of voter fraud are essentially immune to the voter ID "cure". For example, in one famous example from Wisconsin, a supporter of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker was charged with 13 counts of election fraud, including "registering to vote in more than one place, voting where he didn't live, voting more than once in the same election, and providing false information to election officials"...none of which would have been prevented by a "voter ID". Then there is the absentee ballot scam.