Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

IBM?

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by Erich Hartmann, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Erich Hartmann

Erich Hartmann Member

So what does everyone here think about Big Blue's potential role in aid to the Nazis?? I am currently with IBM and saw the book on sale the other day so I might pick it up this weekend.

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

From what I understand, IBM had no connection to the Holocaust other than selling machines to Germany. Looks like another author attempting to sell books by a spurious scoop.

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I don't know anything about IBM's contribution to Germany but I do know after my grandfather immigrated to the U.S., he had a job lined up with IBM. There were also other former Nazi's working there. That I do know.

------------------
    "They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war there is nothing sweet or fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I havent heard anything about this before. I agree with Otto, its probably just another trying to start something and to make a quick buck in the process.

5. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Carl, if you want to know more, there is a news post in the ww2 news section on the front page of WW2N.com, it links to a whole article.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks Otto, i will check into it.

7. Erich Hartmann

Erich Hartmann Member

I am slowly reading thru an entire book on the subject, and it is a bunch of garbage! It is based entirely on speculation, rumors, and one-off examples of IBM machinery being in the right place at the right time. It is like saying: "Hitler once drank coca-cola". Truly a borderline comedy read!