Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

If No USA Help Would Germany Still Fail

Discussion in 'What If - Other' started by DarkIce, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkIce

DarkIce Dishonorably Discharged

If the U.S./England would not been involved would Germany been able to push back the Russians? or would have the Russians taken all of Europe?

2. von Rundstedt

von Rundstedt Dishonorably Discharged

So for this to happen then France and Britain did not declare war on the Germans over her invasion of Poland.

So what happens is that Germany and her axis allies prepare for war against the Soviet Union. Which means what, it means that apart from losses sustained in Poland the German Wehrmacht is intact. Then with no declaration of war i suspect that there would be no help to Soviet Union in turn no help to Germany as well as in any lend lease. But it may not stop both parties selling stuff to either side on a cash and carry basis and provided you can carry it yourself then no problems.

The entire Axis against the Soviets, is one hell of a fight, but if i had to come down onto one side over another i would choose the Axis.

3. DarkIce

DarkIce Dishonorably Discharged

If the Germans didn't have the Western Front they could have pulled all those tank/infantry divisions to fight on the Eastern Front.

4. Piat

Piat Member

I think Germany would have beaten the Germans if there was no westen/North African fronts, and with no supplies getting to Russia through convoys. With Russia having little experienced generals from the great purge and out of date weaponary I think they needed time to re-adjust themselves, and if there was no other fronts then the entire Wehrmacht would have been on their case and they would not have held them off, bad weather or not.

However if the war went the way it did till say 1943 then all of a sudden all of the west withdrew and left Germany and Russia to battle it out I think the Russians would have won. Once the soviets had time to build themselves up and moved onto taken back Stalingrad etc... I don't think they couldd have been stopped at that point in reaching Berlin, it just would have taken more time and would have been bloodier (if the Eastern front could have gotten any bloodier).

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Like we´ve seen the Germans could not really create more than one Army group area attacking force in 1942 compared to Barbarossa in 1941. Everywhere else the German Army was defending more or less, local counterattacks excluded in 1942. And the best men had been lost in the winter 1941-42 and second best men in the winter 42-43. So that deep was the Wehrmacht´s reserve barrel for losses in war.

The USSR still had men to create the counter attack of winter 1941 after the Germans stopped in front of Moscow, which almost broke the German lines to pieces.

The Red Army lost almost 600,000-700,00 men in spring-summer 1942, yet they came back with overwhelming power in Stalingrad, and Army Group Center area. They came back with huge reserves after Zitadelle.

We must also take into consideration that the German troops would not have the experience from the Western Offensive 1940 or the Balkans. So this would give more advantage to the Soviets compared to what happened in real life.

I still think unless the battle was won in the three-four months of 1941 it would end with the German defeat, perhaps a little slower without the Allied help, but definitely with the Axis defeat.

Just my opinion...

6. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

7. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

8. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I had, until now. I don't always look at What Ifs, espcially if a Moderator has posted in it.

Thread is closed. Dark Ice, please refer to the What If posting rules.

9. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.