Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

If you are a WWII soldier

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by liang, Oct 22, 2004.

1. elcold

elcold New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hmmmm, i'd least want to be a japanese sniper, because one second after you shoot you have a platoon blazing away at you. I would like to either be in a tiger tank in 1942/43 or a FW 190 on the eastern front. Another bad job would be a marine on the first wave of an invasion.

2. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You would want to fly a German fighter on the Eastern Front?! Are you currently under the care of a psychiatrist? :wink:

3. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    sherman tank driver , sub-crewman , the eastern front , because they are the most dangerous.

4. PanzerMeister

PanzerMeister New Member

via TanksinWW2
    And you enjoy dangers?

5. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    post subject

to "can.soup.riot" you enjoy dangers? are you for real? Did I also read that your religion forbids violence? You are on pretty safe ground then I imagine!
    sgt.("A Sqd. gitonpraid")(don't like smileys)(take that smirk off your face Blair)Merlin.

6. finnishsoilder

finnishsoilder New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i would have wanted to help my country in the russian invasion of finland in the beginning of world war2
    i would have wanted a sniper rifle and a sumoi sub machine gun

7. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    hey, i never posted in this topic. what i want to be, captain of a battleship in the early years of the war, before the aircraft carrier became domminant and BB's just big targets. and the ship i loved to command either scharnhorst (my absolute favorite :p ) or an Italian Littorio

8. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    Re: post subject

This was year ago. Im now an athiest(didnt like religion , gave it try , made me feel depressed for some reason). I do like danger, however. In school , if someone bigger then me bullies me, I'll say something about his mom , or him, and provoke a fight, I like the rush.

I've somewhat lost interest in tanks. I'd be a Navigator/nose gunner on a B-17, or a US marine in the pacific theater.

9. Hoosier phpbb3

Hoosier phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    CSP:
    Throwing caution to the wind?

Be a ball-turret gunner in a B-17. (Not many were able to bail-out of damaged aircraft, and you've got your knees up under your chin for the duration of the mission in an unpressurized aircraft.) Most airmen wanted NO PART of the ball-turret position. Even US infantrymen-who thought the USAAC had it made--confided the same.

A US Marine in a Pacific campaign? Why not be on the "flamethrower" for some REAL excitement? If a bullet hits one of those tanks, you'll really be "lighting-up" the battlefield.

NOW we're talkin.'

Tim

10. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i don't know for CSP but in no way you can make me strap on a flamethrower. doing this :bang: :angry: (burning to death :D ) is just horrible and exteremy painfull. no sir, rather a bullet strait trough the head

11. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    My least desirable job would be army cook.

12. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    thanks for intresting stories of gurkahs and goums...ever since i saw flying tigers with john wayne when i was a lil kid ..i wanted to be a fighter pilot...being fitted with eyeglasses in fifth grade washed this dream away...later i did become a hang glider then a private pilot...later still i discovered online air combat via red baron then janes ww2 ,mscfs2,and now forgotten battles...in spite of countless hours of flying and gunnery practice..i have determined that i would ,were i a real spitfire pilot die an early and firery death...many paintball fights have shown me im no audie murphy either...thank god for being born in 55....lol..(p.s. i still live on line dogfighting even tho i get the crap kicked out of me..if you guys have never fought online..... infantry,air, sea...its all there...your cheating yourself out of real military insight..the games are imperfect but every generation is better than before..we still go to war movies right? and think how bad they mostly stink...

13. Siberian Black

Siberian Black New Member

via TanksinWW2
    P-38 pilot over Europe. Or any fighter for that matter. Shooting down a plane just isn't quite the same as killing infantry from close range.

14. Ricky

Ricky New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I have split off the P-38 discussion into the air warfare section.

Cheers,
    Ricky

15. liang

liang New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I like to be part of the Russian unit that stormed the Reichstagg. The fighting against the hard-cored SS troops defending it must have been ferocious, chaotic, intense and bloody.
    Another job I like is to be the commander that gives the order for the firing of 40,000 Russian guns and rockets in the eastern front. Imagine seeing the thousands of flashes ad fiery trails, the air sucking out of your lung, your eardrums strained as the Earth shook.

16. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    Enough! I'm feeling sick already, lol. German sniper would be fun (Gewer 43 sniper as seen in Battlefield 1942). It's hard to say cause my 'style' involves either suicide runs into the bulk of th enemy wasting ammo shooting at everything in site....and siting back conserving ammo with high fatal risk shots (lungs, head, neck etc)

17. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The semi-automatic Gewehr 43 is not in Battlefield 1942, which is an awful game from a historical point of view.

The job of a sniper would seem least desirable to me. Most of the time you're lying perfectly still in some hiding place pretending to be a rock or whatever, and then when the enemy comes within sight, you have to carefully pick an officer - a man so close in your visor that you can see his insignia, and therefore obviously his face as well. Then you have to shoot him, abandon your position and start over. Bottom line is it's mostly tediously boring, and when it's not that, it's uncomfortably personal.

18. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    RE: If you were a WW2 soldier

I don't know any WW2 generals, but I do know Admiral William F. Halsey. I'd like to fight for him, in the sea theatre. I'd like to be a gunner in one of the Iowa class battleships' 16-inch gun turrets. My favorite infantry weapon would be the M1, and the M2 Browning .50 cal. heavy machine gun, if, that counts. My least desirable job would be kamikaze pilot, with a 100% chance that you will die.

19. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    It's in some levels in the Secret Weapons of WW2 expansion pack. Very fun to use but can be irritating to hit the bots- 'Stand still so I can hit you!"

20. Mic von Krate

Mic von Krate New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I would fight for Erwin Rommel. Time: Afrika Korps days. Panzer commander.

Mic