Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I'm looking for a good place

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Brayden Allen, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Here's the deal, I have a really important question to ask that I would need to explain. I would like to post it on here but it really does not pertain to this site in really any way. If you would still like to me to ask it on here please tell me. It's nothing bad or inappropriate, it's just this could decide on what I could possible do for my future career. Does anyone know of any good forum sites similar to this one where I could ask this question.

I also just wanted to say, I apologize for all this posts on this site. I've just got to say I love to post and talk with the community on here. It makes me feel like i'm apart of something and I highly appreciate that. I will say I have learned some really good things on this site that I would have never learned on any other site.

2. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Ask away...............

3. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Alright, as I have mentioned before I want to have a career making film and video. I have also discovered that one of my other passions and talent is graphic design. I've been thinking of a way that I could combine these things with all my other main passions which include, video/film, graphic design, building/creating, gaming, history and few others, into a career. One way i've thought about doing this is working on YouTube hard enough to where I could make it into a career. The problem is, many, including my parents wont believe in making YouTube as a career because it takes alot of time. My parents want me to have a job now to where I can have a steady income, which I completely understand. The bad part about it is, the job I have now I absolute hate. My parents don't want me to quit this job but I really want to.

They have told me that I can look for other jobs, but as much as I have looked I can't really find anything that would take my current jobs place. So, even though YouTube would take time I think it could become a profitable career. Here's my idea, on my channel I would find a way to connect all my passions together. I haven't really though about exactly how but i'm really just going with it as I go along. But, to start I though about make graphics tutorials, and gaming builds, like building things in my favorite games, and also creating mods for my favorite games.

I really do think this could eventually work out, but I just am kind of worried of alot of uncertainty about my future. What do yall think of this idea? Would yall be interested in this? And is there any advice yall could give me?

4. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Well Brayden I'm in a semi similar boat. I too don't know what I want to do for a career, and that's okay. I'm going to Community college, and I might go on a mission for my church, so that right there is 4 years to get an idea on what I might want to do. I don't know your situation with school and that, but the point is you don't have to know now. It's great that you have found what you enjoy, and what you are good at, that is half the battle right there, now you just need to look for places and careers to exploit those talents and find the joy. I have a minimum wage fast food job, and while I don't hate it, it can be frustrating at times, but the income I earn from my job allows me to pay for gas, (which equals freedom) and for any hobbies and interests I may have (Model airplanes and books). If you can use your income and invest it into your youtube account for whatever you plan on doing, you show your parents you're serious about it, and want to pursue it. I don't know much about being successful on youtube except most of the popular channels focus on one subject, or niche. So focusing on one thing that's more popular (like game modding probably) gets you followers, and once you get a good following then you can branch out to other subjects and ideas, and get hopefully more followers. Long story short Brayden, you're motivation, and drive is what will help you achieve your goal, that doesn't guarantee you'll be able to have a career in youtube, but it seriously helps. With your skills and knowledge, you can find good employment, so if at first youtube doesn't work, try again later when you have more time and resources maybe. I don't know if any of what I said is helpful, but I understand where you're coming from. Keep at it, and don't give up, I think you absolutely have a shot at seeing success on youtube, keep us posted on your progress, and shortcomings, I think I speak on behalf of all of us here that we would like to see you succeed!

5. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

I highly appericate the kind words. Thank You for that. But, I have too started to do some work with my church. This work actually does go along with my future career. I was chosen and encouraged to do some video and promotional work for my church. In fact, I was encouraged to start and run my church's YouTube Channel where I upload services, sermons, etc. I have also come with an an idea for a channel that could connect my passions. It's a creations channel. A channel where I make videos about my creations whether they be graphic, gaming, etc. But the catch is, all these things are on computer or on console. I've though about maybe in the future incorporating more real things. What you yall think of this idea. I know it may not be niched down enough but this is a way that I could connect all my passions into a single niche.

I've also thought about possibly creating my channel into a brand. Because of this i've thought a needed a good name. I don't know if anyone knows this but should I use my brand's name as my channel name or have have two separate names that are similar. But anyways, some names I have though of are.

BraydenThe Builder - This works more as just a channel name. Build is a similar word to create.

Brayden Allen Industires - Works more as a brand name

BraydenForge - Could possibly work for both. Forge is also a similar word to create. I like the word because the "vibe" I want of my channel/brand is a tactical feel and forge is associated with things like Blacksmithing.

Braydensmith - Also could work for both. The name is a combo of my name and Blacksmith. However, it sounds too much like a name, and my last name is obviously not Smith.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    JJWilson likes this.
  6. lwd

lwd Ace

Smith is used in more than just Black smith i.e tin smith, silver smith, etc. If you don't want the name like conotations how about "Brayden's Smithy". Forge to me implies hot working and can be either a verb or a noun that can be either a plus or a minus depending on your view point.
    Another possible title with a bunch of potential meanings would be "Brayden Works" or "Brayden's Works".
    If you think it might eventually be shortened to an acronym you want to be a bit careful as well.

JJWilson likes this.