Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

In Garage collection...

Discussion in 'Collections' started by QOTD, Oct 6, 2011.

1. QOTD

QOTD Member

This is about half of my stuff in the garage, a little messy as it also serves as my modelling area......SS cap is a repro, Tiger is RC tou I bought, got bored with the grey colour and had some fun with it painting it up...just for s#$ts and giggles....I have helmets spanning from 1917 - WW2- post war BGS and NVA helmets, and my own helmet.... View attachment 14552

Attached Files:

2. QOTD

QOTD Member

Apart from the white cam helmet hanging up, and the fallschirmjager helmet, and the SS cap, its all real, oh and the SS rank sorry is repro......the belt comes from a geramn Normandy vet.....sorry for the clutered look, i will clean up next time, oh and the slouch hat is mine, and the barrel is a 50 cal barrel i found near darwin

3. QOTD

QOTD Member

For the eagle eyed among you, you will see my slouch hat has a infantry colour patch,and a emu plume for armoured units, called kangaroo feathers. It's not correct, but being a truckie I served in infantry, armoure, and sig units....the colour patchvwas from my last unit North west mobile force (NORFORCE), but I wanted to keep the feathers safe and not crushed from whrn I served in 2 Cav REGT....so I just put them back on the hat.....the German fliers cap was a real eBay bargain, throat mic an all electrics for 160 bucks....

4. QOTD

QOTD Member

Close ups of my Luftschutz....German with paoer liner, factory one, I have got in contact with this factory, whis was dismantled after the war and moved to russia, but they have a museum, and they want this helmet...again a ebay 20 buck bargain, the third is a bulgarian one, issued by the germans, this one is interesting, it has a rank an name on it, and written on the inside of the shell is "Please do not Take I am responsible for this" ebay 40 bucks!!! the other is a post war BGS, I have another BGS a dead spit for a M40, and mad by Quist, marked Q64...so a very early post war helmet, the other BGS has a centre hung liner, so no liner pins in it....The dog tags are mine, the ones I wore in Iraq....I had another octaganol disk made up that basically said "F off not dead", the other tag that looks like a US one is a civi medic alert tag i got after View attachment 14557

Attached Files:

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

That Aussie helmet at the bottom yours also? Pretty cool being able to add your own to the collection...
    Thinking about that...whats the policy on helmuts? you hand them in at the end of a tour??

6. QOTD

QOTD Member

well lets see...I was issued that helmet for East timor in 1999, at that stage it was a limited issue for that operation and whn we got back we got told to keep them as they were being issued army wide....I got another one issued to me for Iraq, and that one got handed back when we went thru Kuwait before returning to Australia...some how the first issued one was struck off my Q record and when I discharged it didnt get handed back, so no one asked for it, so I kept it....

I had one helmet 3 years ago, this is how much it has xpanded....its always the same, just one more, or I nedd this modle to complete the set and next thing you know....this happens. I found the WW2 aussie one at an airfield at bachelor, the other one is a WW1 british or aussie

7. QOTD

QOTD Member

The red helmet on the bottom shelf was my first issue helmet in 1991, when we were still using the Aussie made version of the US helmet....the reason it is painted lik that is it was used as a " numpty helmet" when I was a section commander....who ever had made the biggest stuff up during the week, nothing that required charging them, on a Friday we would have a vote, and they had to wear it on the Friday arvo battalion parade before the booza opened.....

8. QOTD

QOTD Member

Shame it's all packed away and going into storage for 18 months....