Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Info on my grandpa

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Angus89, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Angus89

Angus89 recruit

Hello everyone I am brand new to the forum I dont really know much about ww2 but I have registered and am posting to find out some information on my grandfather Jack Noble Jr. who recently passed away actually last friday.My grandpa never talked much about the war but from peices I heard from him and my dad this is what I know my grandpa was best buds with general patton I actually have a picture of him with a tea cup chiuwawa that he won from him in a card game.In fact in the movie patton in one scene a oficer Noble is mentioned. Heres where it starts to get interesting my grandpa was in a special unit I have always heard they were called M90's but I am not sure if thats right my grandpa saved probably thousands of people from concentration camps he was one of the first people that got scent into that big mountain that was hollowed out for all the Nazi diplimats as a safe haven should thing go wrong Not only that my grandpa was one of the men sent into Hitler's bunker after he commited suicide and I even believe he was one of the men who burned hitler at the scene and your probably asking how I know he was in the bunker but I know cause my grandpa had some of hitlers personal artifacts from the bunker. If you have any info that might help me into rediscovering some of my grandpas forgotten past all help would be much apreciated.

Cheers

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

My condolences on your loss Angus.

Welcome to the WWII Forums. I moved your post to this area where it will get more dedicated attention from our members. Good luck with your searches.

3. SPARTAN688

SPARTAN688 Member

well the first people in the bunker were the russians so i don't think it was your grandfather or to burn his body they were german officers so again i don't think it was your grandfather the sovient army din't let americans in the bunker till months after the war ended and id on't see how your grandfather would have got personal belongs becuase they were all catolgued and stored by the kgb.

4. Angus89

Angus89 recruit

Sorry for the delay in replying haven't ben on in a long time yeah I am not for sure about him being in hitlers bunker let alone being one of the ones who burned his body but it's always a feeling I got I can recall a few incidents that at the time didnt mean anything but now that I look back they give me that impresion like I 1 time I can recal goin through the channels and on the history channel it was something about hitlrs bunker like reconstructing hiters bunker or something to that efect where with firs hand accounts and a guys drawings the built a 3d computer model of it and at this time I was setting there trying to make small talk and I was telling him how in history class the teacher said they weren't sure if hitler was really burned at the scene or if the russians took his body as a war trophy and I remember him turning and saying know he was burned I saw it at that time I saw it was upsetting him so I shut up and quickly switched subjects.My dad also said one time after my grandpa had passed as we were going trough my grandpas diamond rings my dad telling me that yeah diamonds never really ment anything to frandpa cause back in ww2 he was sent dow in the nazi vaults or treasturey I cant remember and neither could my dad at the time but it was like in a bunch of caves where they kept all the jewelry and art that they took from jewish prisoners and for 3 straight days he took a bucket in each hand filled with diamonds and confiscated them or did something im not sure and just did trip after trip.But as for hitlers personal artifacts my grandpa owned a pair of ingraved pearl handled pistols that belonged to hitler that he took out of his desk inside the bunker but his brother stole them not knowing what they were and pawned them.But I really dont know whats right and whats not as I really dont know anything about ww2 other than what we were taught in school but I do know my grandpa would never ever lie to me but any light you can shed on the subject is much apreciated cheers.